Soccer

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
I hate it

I tried to watch ...I just cant stand all the guys rolling on the ground as if they were shot every time they get bumped.

Its like watching paint dry.

The only action happens once every 10 minutes.

did I mention I hate it.

I know its the world sport blah blah blah.

But I hate it.

I know ESPN and ABC want to shove this down my throat...but I hate it.

Thank you for letting me vent.

I have my issues with hockey too...but I really hate soccer. As for Nick Boynton..if you are referring to the Bruins defenseman..I cant skate!

You'll never get hooked watching abc coverage. You'll barely stay awake.

They go from running full speed to tumbling on the ground. Go do that outside and let me know how ya feel.

Guy broke his leg a few days ago in a less-than-gruesome tackle that you're complaining about. It's his right leg, watch the last slo-mo replay and you'll cringe at such a site. May even realize how painful such tackling can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-o4lC0B44Q

boston area dtv said:
I have my issues with hockey too...but I really hate soccer. As for Nick Boynton..if you are referring to the Bruins defenseman..I cant skate!

Actually, I was referring to his comments on all the Sabres "flopping" around like fish. Gave me a flashback laugh to the little tiff the two teams had earlier in the season.

Thanks for the laugh, as I needed it after seeing the Sabres knocked out

;-)

Even though I am a life long soccer fan, I do understand and respect you take on things.

You know what, there are hundreds of other channels. You don't like it don't watch it! As simple as that.
No one is trying to shove it down your throat. The World Cup is only once in four years. Geeez!

Look...because I dont like soccer doesnt mean you shouldnt Ilya.

I just needed a lil venting.

As for having it shoved down my throat thats another thing. ESPN and ABC have been shoving it down everyones throat for the last month. Even during the NBA finals the banners along scorers tables were advertising for the world cup.

My hating soccer is not an indictment of those who like it.

Hell, I love playing golf and there are tons of people that think its the dumbest way to spend 4 hours on a weekend.

As for the guy breaking his leg...hell I get a sore thumb every fall once Madden gets released....so dont tell me about injuries!

There are a lot of programs on TV that I don't like or even hate. And unfortunately some of them are advertised during the programs that I do watch. (And I hate when they do that.)
But if I started a thread about every sport or TV show that I don't like, just to vent, I would be doing nothing but trolling. Sorry, just my opinion.

perhaps you could consider it trolling...Im just whining and venting.

From my view point this sites main area's of focus are in the area of Satellite issues.

If I came out here and posted something like the an 8 year old came over my house and liked the pq on my TV which has E* better than the one he watches at home which has D* and didnt follow it up with any info. And I had a fantastic TV and didnt disclose what the kid had at home then I would consider that trolling.

If in the sports area of the site I feel like venting about sports its no big deal.

Especially when I toss out the caveat that its ok for you to like Soccer! Im not trying to change anyones opinions. Just venting mine.

Last edited:
Now to confuse the issue even more...I will watch when the US plays...and I loved the special on the US womens team that aired on HBO over the winter.

Seriously, it's really unfortunate that soccer is not popular in this country. It is the most popular game in the World! MLS doesn't give full justice to this sport, even though they have significantly improved over the years.

For those who feel that they are missing something and really want to make an effort to get into this game (and as in any other sport you do need to get into it a bit before you can start really appreciating it), World Cup offers an excellent opportunity. Especially when it gets to the final rounds. Many thanks to ABC and ESPN for bringing all 64 games live and in HD!

And then, if you still don't like this sport after watching the final matches of the World Cup, you can simply forget about it for another four years! :D

Ilya said:
Seriously, it's really unfortunate that soccer is not popular in this country. It is the most popular game in the World! MLS doesn't give full justice to this sport, even though they have significantly improved over the years.
I agree. I enjoy watching "real" soccer. I can't stand watching MLS. Give me the World Cup, English Premiere League, or Spanish Soccer any day.

1) Boston, can you fix the wording of your sig, it should be "Just Remember IF", not "Just remember is"

2) World Cup probably won't woo new fans. What american is going to watch paraguay and get hooked?? Especially with some teams that people just will hate off the bat, like Iran and France and as of late, Mexico...

Premier League is the key. It's the reason that channels like Fox Sports exist, because people watch football there. Almost every match is good, and the commentary is good as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)