software patch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theosus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Has anyone tried a timetrax patch? Someone sent one to me thats supposed to make the "registration" requirement go away. Its for recast version 1.6

I bought and paid for timetrax, so if I ever have to reinstall it or my radio dies, I'll keep the patch for a backup so I can keep using it, but I hate to try it out, because it might screw up my install. Has anyone else heard of this particular patch, or used one???

As far as I know the 'patch' you speak of was a hacker crack that has long since been defeated. There was comment here and other locations that the patch exploited a problem with the TimeTrax registration verification server and that hole is gone.

pretzelboy said:
As far as I know the 'patch' you speak of was a hacker crack that has long since been defeated. There was comment here and other locations that the patch exploited a problem with the TimeTrax registration verification server and that hole is gone.

Ahhhh....good thing i didnt do a reinstall then.... oh well. maybe someone out there can help us keep alive the program that we paid to use. I cant believe no one else has come up with software that does the same thing timetrax does.

Surely there must be some way to de-assemble the code and crack the place where it authenticates. Anyone have some hacker experience?

After all, it's written in Visual Basic. How hard could it be?

/required disclaimer

I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know.

I just downloaded a trial copy of IDA Pro and successfully disassembled TimeTrax Recast v1.8. However, I don't know Assembly code well enough to figure out what to do from there.

hmmmmmm on the right step.

You're a step ahead of me. I dont know assembly at all......perhaps we can do a bit of poking around and see what google can tell us. I am sure there are some "how to crack" sites out there. I had some instrcutions a while back on how to crack stuff, but not needing to crack anything, i think i deleted them. The only thing I ever cracked was VuePrint - and I did it with a hex editor. Not much to that one. The nag screen still popped up, but the irritating line across the picture that said "you must register" was gone.

How big is this disassembled file? Would it be easy to e-mail? I have a laptop I can do trial installs on, that wont hurt my main pc setup.

nlj61 said:
I just downloaded a trial copy of IDA Pro and successfully disassembled TimeTrax Recast v1.8. However, I don't know Assembly code well enough to figure out what to do from there.

theosus said:
You're a step ahead of me. I dont know assembly at all......perhaps we can do a bit of poking around and see what google can tell us. I am sure there are some "how to crack" sites out there. I had some instrcutions a while back on how to crack stuff, but not needing to crack anything, i think i deleted them. The only thing I ever cracked was VuePrint - and I did it with a hex editor. Not much to that one. The nag screen still popped up, but the irritating line across the picture that said "you must register" was gone.

How big is this disassembled file? Would it be easy to e-mail? I have a laptop I can do trial installs on, that wont hurt my main pc setup.

I don't think it would do you any good without the dissassembler. I only dissassembled a part of it. You can download IDA Pro for a free trial period and try it yourself. I seem to recall seeing a few free ones out there when I googled the topic.

finally got IDA trial version.... poked around a bit. wow...... what a jumble. i used to dabble in VB, mainly in MSAccess for work, but i am stumped. if there arent any real hackers out there, i guess we are back to square one. of course a real hacker might just write his own recorder and leave us in the dirt.
I still cant believe NO ONE else has come up with a simple app, that will record and split songs into mp3s using XMdirect data... you dont even need the box adapter...you can MAKE a serial cable.

all I got for my "how to crack" requests on google (and various p2p services)....were a bunch of virus attacks.

FYI, the torrent status on torrentspy seems to be inaccurate. There's at least 3 seeders at the time of this post, and according to torrentspy there isn't any at all. It's incorrectly reporting it.

On the Alt.Radio.Satellite UseNet NewsGroup there is a posting titled “TimeTrax Recast v1.8 and Registration Patch Loader” which contains the Torrent download link that Patcher referenced in his #10 posting.

Retsaoc

Anyone else confirmed that this works?

I am a bit hesitant to try as the version I bought seems to be working still.

Nice to have though if my current version stops working.

Anyone else confirmed that this works?

I am a bit hesitant to try as the version I bought seems to be working still.

Nice to have though if my current version stops working.

Yes it does work, I'm using it right now.

Screenshot:

untitled1largexo4.jpg

In short yes the TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader works without any glitches.

I originally purchased the TimeTrax software program in Oct 04 and was using TimeTrax with my home made XMDirect PCR up to version 3.4. I got feed up with all of Elliott Frutkin malarkey, lies, and broken promises. I never upgraded to the TimeTrax Recast series.

When I saw Patcher posting concerning the “TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader” I got a copy of Azureus v2.5 and downloaded the TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader.Zip file.

I un-installed my working copy of TimeTrax v3.4 and then used the TimeTrax Cleaner to totally remove any TimeTrax remnants. I rebooted and installed the TimeTraxRecast18.exe contained in the TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader.Zip file and copied the Registration Patch Loader.exe to the C:\Program Files\TimeTrax Recast default directory. I clicked on the Registration Patch Loader.exe executable file and TimeTrax Recast 1.8 loaded with out any problems. For the past two days I have been putting TimeTrax Recast 1.8 through its paces and it appears to be working flawlessly. The Registration Patch Loader.exe executable file bypasses any Activation Code Serial Number check, XM Radio ID Serial Number check, and Call Home to TimeTrax Web Server check.

I don’t use any illegal software but what appealed to me with the TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader is that if my home made XMDirect PCR ever breaks I am not left out in the cold with a software program that I originally purchased but due to Mr. Elliott Frutkin absolute paranoia intentionally crippled the TimeTrax software program in such a manner that legal paying customers cannot use if their original XM radio breaks.

In the below referenced Forum Posting Mr. Elliott Frutkin was asked what was going to happen with the status of TimeTrax and suggested to “Release a patch would keep TimeTrax from looking for a registration server”. Well the “TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader” does that and a lot more ->

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=613678&postcount=1

Retsaoc

post it? email it?

Is there any way one of you could post the software? I never used bittorrent" or any other torrent site....

private message me and I'll send you my e-maill address....

I'm not a lawyer of course, but since timetrax is no longer a company, any license agreement we had with them should be null and void.

Swegman -

Yes the TimeTrax Recast Patch Loader works without any glitches.

As I stated in my #16 posting in this thread the Registration Patch Loader.exe executable file bypasses any Activation Code Serial Number check, XM Radio ID Serial Number check, and Call Home to TimeTrax Web Server check.

Retsaoc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)