Software programming for 2500A (non-hack)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dai1

Original poster
Oct 23, 2004
Because I have needs to place Pansat 2500a FTA receivers in CATV headends in other parts of the world I need to set in new satellites. Is there a software available to do this and is there a way of setting up a data base of other than North American satellites?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys !

I do not own a Pansat, however I don't believe that you need new software to program satellites, just their data.

For example, if you check here you'll see that each European satellite has it's own position in the sky.

Simply program the sat's name and position in place of the North American entries and you'll be set to start programming the particular frequencies you're looking for !

Good luck !

Yes there is software that does allow you program a receiver with selected satellites and tp's, etc. However, like Todd W. says if it is just one receiver then you are better off just doing it manually through the remote, etc.

But you said receiverS which I guess you want to do mulitple receivers. In order to do this you will need to two programs. They are in the same zip file at Pansat. Here is the link below. Just click on the 2500 link.
http://www.pansatusa.com/download.htm
There is also an instruction file so grab it also.

There are two programs in the zip file, one is the latest software version for the receiver. Compare it to what is on your receivers, if it is the same then you will not need that one. The other is the uploader.

You will need to program one receiver manually with the satellites, tp.s, pids., etc. This can be done with the remote or if you are on site then a blind search of the satellite with editing to fine tune the channels desired. Follow the instructions for the uploader and download the channel list from the main reciever. Once that is in a file on your computer you can hook up the other receivers one at a time and download the channel list. If the software is different you can upgrade the software and then do the channel list while connected to the respective receiver.

This is about all I know. I did this awhile back to upgrade the software on my 330a. And my memory is a bit rusty. Plus there is a software called g-tools which unfortunately is now associated with hacking but did not originate with them. This software is a tool to create and edit channel lists for satellites. I believe it is associated with satdx.com but am not real sure about that. The reason I say this is I thought about using it to edit the channel list on my 330a but found it was too much trouble for just one or two changes at a time. The version I found through a search had all the satdx info programmed in. Of course you would have to double check that the satdx info was up to date.

Good luck.

Depending upon where else in the world you would be shipping
MPEG-2 receivers, please note that Pansat also has a 2500-M version, which is loaded with software for the Europe/Middle East/North Africa market.

Otherwise, if you have a listing of satellites to be received (check
www.lyngsat.com), simply edit the menu of one receiver to include
those satellites and appropriate transponders, and store in memory.
Multiple receivers going to the same location can have their memory
cloned directly from this first receiver, to save a lot of time.

software 2500a (non-hack)

Folks if it helps I am using them in the Pacific. PAS 8 and AsiaSat3s

Any thing for this area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA (Freeveiw/sat) continues to grow in the UK

Equity buys another one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts