Software Update by Christmas???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
How much longer do you think we'll have to wait. Any word through the Dish grapevine about the next update? My wife REALLY wants her local program guide. :rolleyes:

It will likely be released just hours before the Dish Network Christmas party. We just need to find out when that will be.

They are probably spending a lot of time making sure they have every little thing fixed so they can send it out and call the 921 finished and be done with it.

boy921 said:
According to Mark on DBSTalk, sometime this week! Version L211.

Hang on a second, he said....IF Beta testing goes as planned then maybe Wednesday but more likely on Thursday. Lets not put words in his mouth and get everyone here excited. There might be problems with the beta version.

craig9747 said:
Hang on a second, he said....IF Beta testing goes as planned then maybe Wednesday but more likely on Thursday. Lets not put words in his mouth and get everyone here excited. There might be problems with the beta version.
No one is putting words in his mouth. I saw what he wrote. He is the one getting folks excited! I have no doubts that there may be problems with the beta version and I expect problems after L211 is released. BTW there are others that actually have incite as to when the actual release is scheduled. Scott happens to be one of the others.

boy921 said:
BTW there are others that actually have incite as to when the actual release is scheduled. Scott happens to be one of the others.

Hehehe. Paging Dr. Freud!

Michael

I was talking with a CSR last night when I was exchanging my 921 because of hardware related issues, and he said the new software update was coming out today. He didn't know what time it would be sent out but he assured me that it would be out today.

I guess you can take that for whatever it's worth. We'll see if he's right.

Yes this Thursday. Actually if they can get it "packaged" it could even go out today. (I have no idea what packaged means)

BTW I found out about this yesterday morning but I did not say anything about it as Mark Lamutt over at DBSTalk has a better grasp of whats going on with the 921 since he is a beta tester. When the release notes come out he will post them first since he knows whats new in there.

To see Marks 921 forum please see http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Will OTA Guide Data and OpenTV be there? I guess we will find out in a few hours. :)

Sweet. I REALLY hope the OTA guide data is there. If it's not I'll have to deal with some serious whining from my princess until it gets updated again.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes this Thursday. Actually if they can get it "packaged" it could even go out today. (I have no idea what packaged means)

BTW I found out about this yesterday morning but I did not say anything about it as Mark Lamutt over at DBSTalk has a better grasp of whats going on with the 921 since he is a beta tester. When the release notes come out he will post them first since he knows whats new in there.

To see Marks 921 forum please see http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Will OTA Guide Data and OpenTV be there? I guess we will find out in a few hours. :)

Mark Lamutt just confirmed that it appears the software will indeed go out TODAY! About the only thing stopping it now is a problem at the uplink.

So looks like its a go for today! I am looking forward to it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts