Software Version L2.65 for 211 spooling tomorrow

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
04/12/2006: 1141 Software Version L2.65 for ViP211/DISH 411
Effective Thursday, April 13th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.65 for the ViP211/DISH 411 receivers. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.65 will be the valid software version for theViP211/DISH 411.

And it's going Full Phase. Please fix the Dolby digital output sync problem

One of the issues we have is we are not supposed to ask Dish for release notes until the software is actually spooling on the satellite.

I wish they would just post the release notes to the tech portal page, it would make like easier for everyone. :)

It's baaaaack!
04/17/2006: 1354 Software Version L2.65 for ViP211/DISH 411

Effective Tuesday, April 18th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.65 for the ViP211/DISH 411 receivers. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.65 will be the valid software version for the ViP211/DISH 411.

It's probably a good thing that they delayed it. Sending out a full phase release right before a holiday weekend didn't seem like a good idea to me anyway.

Yep - no software update this morning.

Jeez - i'm glad i don't work in DISH's IT department - 2 pulled software releases in 1 week?

I'm almost afraid now to get this release whenever it does come along!

Every time they pull this one, they put up another 811 release notice. Coincidence?

At the risk of jinxing this release again:

04/18/2006: 1054 Software Version L2.65 for ViP211/DISH 411

Effective Wednesday, April 19th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.65 for the ViP211/DISH 411 receivers. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.65 will be the valid software version for the ViP211/DISH 411.

Last edited:
I've got the new version running this morning and everything seems to be working OK. Does anyone know what problems are supposed to be addressed by this software load?

Mario

Mine took it too and it appears that it fixed the toslink sync problem. I'll test it a little more when I get back from work. Thank you Dish for a nice birthday present.

Last edited:
Sweet if it did. I was constantly losing lock and my processor clicks everytime it loses lock... Way annoying.

I won't be able to test it right away though.

Best,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts