Solar outage website satellite coordinates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
On the Solar outage website, it gives exact coordinates of each and every satellite in the arc. Should these #'s be the ones used when programming them in a receiver using usuals? I'm thinking on ku only it might be a bit more accurate(more signal strength). Has anyone entered the exact coordinates of the satellites and did it make a difference? I have AMC-9 at 83W and Sun Outage website has it at 82.97W

First, I've never seen a receiver that let you enter more than one number after the decimal point for a satellite longitude.

Second, the allowable drift of the satellite is probably on the order of the second digit after the decimal point.

Third, unless it's a satellite that I'm on the fringe of receiving (say, SatMex 5), I've never noticed any difference if I'm only .1 degree off, and even then it's hard to distinguish it from variations due to atmospheric conditions, wind, etc.

Thanks. I forgot about the satellite drift. Yep! My receiver only has 1 digit after the decimal point. Just wondering and some thoughts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts