Solid Signal now has Televes antennas! Mine is on the way

Update on the Televes setup...

First of all... I sent the combination suit back and got the largest uhf -only that they had. It worked much better. However, my only issue with that self-adjusting amplifier is that, when used for Raleigh channels, since both 48 and 49 are weak channels, it would knock out 49 and boost 48; I assume that the "smart" antenna thinks that 49 is some type of interference and knocks it out.

I will say this...You do not have to worry about accidentally being an element while installing it! Those things are there forever.

Also, I tried the boast that, should the power supply become unplugged, that the antenna would still work; this is true!

The only issue that I had was that I did not use a weather boot when attaching the connector, since I was using a SNS connector. Well;l, the port is not the greatest and needed a weather sleeve installed.

This might be in issue for some, in order for this antenna to perform as well as the 91XG with a 15db amp, it might ned to be at a higher elevation because of the 3 beam setup.

As far as their saying that one must use the solid copper cable, not really. I replaced about 150' of RG6 for nothing! It made no difference.

Was it too much to expect it to get me 11? Really? They are great if you live in Spain and have LARGE birds getting on them all the time, Durable yes, but not so good. Well the HDB91x may be some Asian recycled cans and plastic, but whoever designed it knew what they were doing!

I will say this, for sentimental reasons, I want one, so Solid Signal is letting me exchange it for the larger UHF only. I have spent many summers looking at these orange and white antennas.

Another issue, Solid Signal says the they need solid copper RG6 going to them. I am going to try that today and see it anything changes. My guess is that it will not. 50 feet should not make a difference. I currently have band new tic rg6 going to it.
Well good day to the antennas D 91xg 90miles out about90ft hi with a channel master 7777amp no dropouts in heavy rain or snow from mass to ct state i was amazed and then tried the HDB 91xgby solid signal no change in receiv with the 7777amp well made antennas for UHF solid 18\gage copper uses with an amp and put an AGL on it to go by your tvfool report have fun and be safe on that roof top

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)