Solution for HD recording to PC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No. It won't remove the Linux based encryption that will prevent it from playing on a PC.

Hmm, I thought since I'm able to get HD through component to my TV that it would be capable of recieving the signal in HD.

Even if it were capable of HDCP that's all it would be. At least that's what I was thinking. Otherwise your TV would need to be compatible with the dish encryption garys was eluding too.

Hauppauge has a similar product out that only provides the capture function - it needs a PC for storage. Dish isn't downrezzing the component outputs (yet), just as no Blu-ray title is telling the Blu-ray player to downrez the component outputs. That's not to say it might not change in the future, but it hasn't happened yet.

If you're serious about recording from Dish, you should look into an R5000HD receiver modification. My R5000HD-equipped ViP211 records the actual MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 streams so my recordings are lossless when compared to the original Dish broadcasts. Plus my PC controls the receiver over USB so I can schedule (including remote schedule over the Internet) recordings using TitanTV's guide.

hdmi capture card works for me, been working for a while now.. You need a very very top of the line computer 3.0+Ghz dual core with a hdcp compatible monitor and video card..

A component capture device such as the Hauppauge 1212 is a lot cheaper, does the MPEG4 encoding for you, and eliminates the HDCP requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)