Some advice on Panasonic vs Epson 8500UB

jsorce1

Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
New Jersey
Some advice on Panasonic vs Epson 8500UB
Hi there,
I hope you can help me, ive seen some of your post and you seem to be very knowledgeable on these projectors and screen formats.

Im not sure which projector to go with, but let me share some specs and maybe you can advise

Throw distance 14 feet
ceiling height 8ft
fireplace below where screen will be 48' high which doesnt leave me a lot of room for a good size screen

The room has some ambient light and i was considering going with on of the screen innovation black diamond II screens to solve the light problem.

The issue is,..since I have that fireplace if I go with a 16:9 screen the largest i can get is a 80 diagnonal screen...but if i go with the 235.1 screen i probably can go larger because they are obviously wider, but this plays a role in the projector purchase. In that case I thought maybe the panasonic because of the lens..but the epson would be good because of the bright room. Som im confused about which way to go. I want to get the most screen for the money of course..screen size adds to the wow factor. I just want to make sure i pick the right projector before I purchase. I primarily will use it for regular TV..and movies of couse, but mostly TV. How will it look with the widescreen with regular TV? Do you recommend one projector vs another based on my situation?
Any advice would be sincerely appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts