Some good/bad News (Depending how you want to take it)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
In the light that CVC started shutting down services (Voom Website), I am told that it would not be a surprise to see other services go. Even pink slips maybe handed out, but (before I get any flame from the VOOMER Haters) I was re-assured that the "roof has started to crumble" but it may not come down to the floor. There are negotiations taking places and agreements that have yet to be determined.

Flame if you want but this is what I was told by a close insider. If you are leaving VOOM, I do not blame you for leaving (I have my doubts as well) but there may be a light. The negotiation is not about money is all I can say right now. The money is in place.

Thanks for the update Sean.

I'm not bailing until my screen goes dark, starts playing the same Public Service announcement on all channels, or until the previously mentioned HD News anchor actually does start singing. :p

Sean Mota said:
I am told that it would not be a surprise to see other services go. QUOTE]

When you say other services do you mean like AMC, WE etc? Also in the Dolan statement to VOOM employees he even stated that it is possible and even likely that that some may be pink slipped. It sounds as if all this today is not a surprise to Tom and Chuck. I bet the attorney's are working overtime. In the end, they will be the only ones to really make money. Deal or no deal.

Okay, I think Im done although I'll miss Voom alot, what other plans could possibley be feasible?

CSR support reduction; no more installations; no more ads; etc. Basically CVC is doing what they are told to do. There are steps that needs to be taken once he knows he needs to shutdown the operation.

I’ll stay with Voom until the bitter end as well. If March 31st is indeed the last day, I will probably contact TWC to get hooked up on April 1st (no fooling). The only upside with TWC is that is that I can get an HD DVR for $10 a month.

Sean Mota said:
There are negotiations taking places and agreements that have yet to be determined.

Flame if you want but this is what I was told by a close insider. If you are leaving VOOM, I do not blame you for leaving (I have my doubts as well) but there may be a light. The negotiation is not about money is all I can say right now. The money is in place.
No flame from me. If I had Voom I wouldn't cancel at this point. It is a good service.

JL

I'm not in a rush... I won't be going anywhere... I'll wait for the plug to be literally pulled... I'll contemplate what to do then, not now... whether we win or loose will be evident in the end... so what's the rush?

Thanks Sean

I'll miss MonstersHD A LOT, and KungFu HD was promising, here's hoping at least Monsters ends up somewhere else, and where it lands, is where I'll probably go. If nothing, I'll go to Comcast, but I'm staying till the end as well...

It was nice to visit a forum, the Voom forum at satguys, where you know the users appreciate HD and decent PQ. I will miss that if Voom goes under.

I have been a VOOMer for only about 6 weeks now, but I'm here for the duration. I love the PQ. It is better than any alternative, but when/if it goes dark, then I will go to Cox cable, even though I don't like it. I was with E* for about 7 years and watched that go downhill to the point that I will not consider going back. D* has no "real" HD and their PQ is not much if any better than E*. So let's hope the fat lady doesn't sing, EVER! I don't think I could cope.....

even tho i wasnt posting much, i was reading tho. it was nice to see others with such high standards for PQ. Thanks everyone for making this such a great forum.

What do we do if we have legitimate service questions? With the website shutdown, they've left us no real way to get information or chat with support. If nothing else, I want to know how we owners will be compensated.

I think what they have done with the website is RIDICULOUS! no more account access? You can stop sign ups without shutting down the entire fkn SITE!

they should go ahead and test the MPEG4 and add the other channels. I would really like to see how MPEG4 HD looks in real world viewing conditions (not PC based). I would also like to glimpse the future before voom's demise, the least they could do is test out the new hardware and run technology demos till the end.

Indy said:
I will turn the lights off when I leave. Here till the end.

Second that - why to leave? Whole idea is ridiculous: why to miss the best HD out there, even if it'll be its last days? :confused:

Doesn't make any sense to me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)