Some Good News !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 27, 2004
1.Some minutes ago, 2 kids, maybe 10 years young or so, knocked at my door and were collecting some money for the desaster in the south. I can't imagine, that anybody would refuse to give.
2. I am very impressed, how Texans show their hospitalty towards the victims, who find a temporary stay here.
3. Last not least, foreign aid has arrived as well and much more will come.That's what friends are for.
I hope y'all have/had a good sunday :)

I believe that its the governor of texas has started chartering planes to help relocate some of the evacuee's to ohio, michigan, and indiana wich all three states have stepped forward to help these people with shelter, food, ect ect.

Why are we using kids to collect money? They can't be members of any organization due to age, there's no logical reason why they couldn't be accompanied by their parents, etc...

There's PLENTY of ways to give besides being bothered in your own home by enslaved children. If anyone showed up at my door they'd get an ear-full about it. That's no way to help anyone...

Well kids do have the ability to think on theyr own, those kids wouldnt be the first to make a decision to try and help by doing fund raising, I saw an inspirational poster 2 weeks ago that showed an 8 yr old little girl and it read that this little girl's lemonade stand helped raise one million dollars towards a cure for her disease by encouraging other kids to raise money.
Going door to door isnt anything new and to turn away children that come to your door trying to raise money to help out the best way that they can doesnt say much about a person, it would be diferent if it was a kirby salesman knockin on your door at dinner time.

The city of Battlecreek Michigan is reopening a recently closed ymca to house 600 evacuee's, some evacuee's have already landed and are in southfield michigan at this time.

That is no different than children collecting money for MDA although many may wonder by going door to door like that if they are doing it and keeping it for themselves not to say that they are but there are some out there that would take advantage of the situation like that.

Stargazer said:
That is no different than children collecting money for MDA although many may wonder by going door to door like that if they are doing it and keeping it for themselves not to say that they are but there are some out there that would take advantage of the situation like that.

My mistake - I should have mentioned, that the kids were well protected - one of the parents knows me - and they were close by and it is a safe area here. What I liked most - those kids are our future and I hope they do better than we do. The word "caring for others" is not as common as it used to be. Something at least in my opinion the people in this country (the USA) are known of and can be really proud of.

P.S. I know in some other threats, where I am ranting - it might sound different - it's just the anger.

It is good that children are making an effort as well. It shows that children are in need of help just as much as adults are so the children are trying to help the children out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)