Some HD channels scrambled

Yes, it did detect a LNB drift. What does that mean?

Think of LNB drift as a loose radio knob. Slowly, the knob kinda works it way away from the FM station you are tuned in to. If its just a little off, it isn't too bad as you can get the station still. However, if the knob is really moving away from your radio station, you get all kinds of static (noise) and can't get the radio station to come in clear. Eventually, a really bad knob that drifts too far from your radio station would mean you get nothing but snow.

Thanks everyone. It was the LNB. It was replaced and even TBS which is on transponder 6, which has a strength of only 15-17% works.
What I am upset :mad: with Dish about though is the guy told me we should have had the dish installed for 61.5 satellite in the first place due to all the trees on the hillsides. We have spent over $300 having trees removed. Where the 61.5 satellite is, there is not a tree in sight that could ever cause a problem. He said to call Dish and ask for some compensation on the tree cutting but I doubt that would ever happen. At least I now know if a problem ever occurs again due to trees, I will ask for the "must have" 61.5 dish.

Thanks everyone. It was the LNB. It was replaced and even TBS which is on transponder 6, which has a strength of only 15-17% works.
What I am upset :mad: with Dish about though is the guy told me we should have had the dish installed for 61.5 satellite in the first place due to all the trees on the hillsides. We have spent over $300 having trees removed. Where the 61.5 satellite is, there is not a tree in sight that could ever cause a problem. He said to call Dish and ask for some compensation on the tree cutting but I doubt that would ever happen. At least I now know if a problem ever occurs again due to trees, I will ask for the "must have" 61.5 dish.

Why didn't you ask the guy to put up the new 61.5 while he was there? He was pretty much asking for it by mentioning it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)