Some info please about a Sat6212-741u Universal LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crazy Sat

Original poster
May 17, 2008
Belgium
Hey Guys,

I am from Belgium in Europe and i am interested in feedhunting . I have saw this LNB that is a combi (universal) LNB for C and KU Band.
Here in Europe we have some sat's who transmit in C and in KU Band, so i am wondering if i can use this LNB here in Europe ? I have a gregorian deltastar 120 cm with feedhorn , so maybe there is a possibility.
Anyone have experience with this LNB ?
Maybe someone has such a LNB and is willing to send it up to Belgium ?

I am open for your advices and thanks in advance. ;)

Crazy Sat

Attachments

• c-bandlnb_ilist_1.jpg
    c-bandlnb_ilist_1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 648
A combined C-band and KU-band LNBF is a compromise for both bands. These designs will provide a convenient solution for providing voltage controlled polarity reception on both bands, but with reduced performance.

The LNBF is designed to be mounted on a prime focus design dish with a FD in the .3 - .4 range to obtain acceptable results. To be frankly honest, these are not a great product for feed hunting. It would be interesting to comparison test on your dish design as an experiment, but 1.2m reflector size will typically only provided reception of only the strongest C-band transponders when optimized.

I am sure that a member could PM you with suggested resellers of this product design if you think it will meet your requirements. I would instead recommend a dedicated 2.5m+ dish with C-band LNBF and a smaller 90cm or 1.2m (like you have) for only KU-band. I am sure that you will be much happier with the results!

Last edited:
I have never been satisfied with combo lnbfs. A lot of performance loss imo

Yes can be. In that case i can use a single lnb for C-band only. In my situation on the 5°W if have certain feeds on the C-band.
What type of lnb can i use , because in Europe this single lnb's for C-band are difficult to find. I think i have more change in US than in Europe. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)