Some installation questions....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Darth Dorn

Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
We ha DirecTV come out today to install everything for us, and told they weren't going to be able to due to landlord restrictions, and the fact that we weren't running RG6 cables in a lot of the places. So, before I order Dish, I want to verify a few things.

Before I start, through DirecTV, we were going to have one Tivo downstairs, one Tivo upstairs, and a standard box in the third room. With Dish, it looks like we'll have the 522 upstairs in my room, and a standard box in the other upstairs room. The 522 will also be hooked up to the TV downstairs, so my sister can watch live TV and what's already been recorded.

• First off, the dish. The main landlord restriction is that they didn't want cables running down the side of the house. DirecTV would have had to run the cables down the side of the house and into the garage, to the splitter plugged in there. Will Dish be able to take the cables straight from the dish, through the vent and into the attic, then take the cables from there?
  • Like I said, we don't have RG6 cables running here. The DirecTV installers said to fish the RG6 in place of the RG59 cable, it would have cost $75/hr, and would have taken about 2 hours. From what I understand, this is included in the Dish installation. Correct?
  • For the 522, how much drilling is going to have to be done, if any? All of our RG cables are coming from wall outlets right now.

Wall fish is rarely included in a standard install. Be prepared to pay extra for this install.

The TV2 output of the 522 can usually be plugged into the existing house wiring (RG-59 is fine) so that it's signal can go to the second room. Disconnect said wiring from the cable system (if any).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts