Some notes about tonight's party

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
After a long two weeks of moving stuff, ISP and server issues I am pumped up for tonight SatelliteGuys.US Holiday Party. Its been a tiring two weeks so I am really looking forward to tonight.

A few things you should know before tonight's party, so please read up now so you can't say later that I didn't tell you so. :)

1) First the XBOX360 and the SatelliteGuy of the Year award is not the only prizes we will be awarding tonight, after all this is Christmas time. So make sure you join us early. The chat will open at 8:30PM EST.

I should note that all of tonight's prizes have been donated by my wife and myself unless otherwise noted. It is our thank you to you our members for making SatelliteGuys what it is today.

We are scheduled to award the SatelliteGuy of the Year award at 9:30PM EST and the XBOX 360 at 9:50PM. Other prizes will be given away throughout the night.

2) YOU MUST BE IN THE CHAT ROOM TO WIN.

When your name is announced in the chat you have 60 seconds to acknowledge the fact that you won, if you do not acknowledge within that time frame a count down will be given, if you do not respond by that time we will draw another winner.

The chat REQUIRES the latest version of Macromedia Flash to work properly. We will be opening the chat room at 4pm EST this afternoon for you to test your setups. If you are not sure if you have the latest version of Macromedia Flash you can download it from http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

While other version of the Flash player may work the chat may be slower and use more CPU resources then the newer version.

3) Winners will be drawn at Random from people in the chat room. The decision of the judge is FINAL.

4) We will be limiting the amount of people in the chat room to 350, while we do not think we will get that many on-line please give this limit consideration and make sure you get there on time. The reason for this limit is a software limitation.

5) In case of FAILURE of the chat server the party will continue on SatelliteGuys and winners will be selected from the members on-line list. In case of failure of SatelliteGuys all together we will announce the winners when we return on-line. If the world blows up then no one wins. :D

6) One of tonight's grand prizes is the XBOX360, we should note that we DO NOT have possession of the XBOX360 yet. We are on numerous waiting lists and are "next in line" on a few of the lists. Because of this WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY OF THE XBOX360 BY CHRISTMAS. When it comes in we will get it to you as fast as we can.

7) Most importantly we want everyone to have a good time tonight, after all it's a party. :)

Thank you again to everyone for making SatelliteGuys.US what it is today. On behalf of the Greczkowski Family I would like to wish all SatelliteGuys staff and members a very happy, safe and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
what area of satellite guys should members go to/keep an eye on incase chat software goes down?

in paragraph six, i changed "not" to say "note".

I would post a announcement which would be seen in all forums. :)

I don't think the chat is going to go down. But just staying on the safe side. :D

another note about the xbox 360. i have yet to see any shipments of the 360 after the initial launch. if there has been it has been very very very few. best buy and walmart got the majority of the 360s at launch. gamestop and eb games got the short end of the stick this time.

microsoft's goal for the xbox 360 was to have a successful WORLD launch and not just a US launch. they just launched in japan this past saturday.

anyway. good luck to everyone tonight and if you want more news and info on the xbox 360, check out the video game area here at satellite guys.

1:350 chances for a x-box 360 could get quite the draw - lol.

I'll be there :).

Will the chat link be on the main page?

Shawn

goaliebob99 said:
I just went into the chat room and my name was gangura... what is up with that.. I had to log out and manually enter my username..
Is the chat link up someplace I'm just not seeing it or will it go up for the general population later tonight?

Shawn

Thanks guys.

I tried it and found the dialog box to be kind of funny. See attachement.

See you later tonight!

Shawn

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
I just went into the chat room and my name was gangura... what is up with that.. I had to log out and manually enter my username..

gangura.... :D I just went in and luckily my name is still the same :D

goaliebob99 said:

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you get to the chat room?

Will sucking up to the PrizeGoddess, telling her how ravishly beautiful she is, improve our odds of winnng a prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)