Some of my dishes and a satellite antenna.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
American shows are on all Canadian networks. Only the commercials are changed to local advertisers in the same way locals do in the U.S.

CBC HD multiple channels: Anik F1R DVB-S2 8PSK: 4160 H 30000

Astra 1 cluster at 19.2e as it was designed for, but see no reason why it wouldn't work with other high powered satellites/clusters over Europe

30cm diameter

Fresenl Lens I believe is perspex.

Cheers
This is really interesting, as the receiving surface is much smaller than surface of "pizza dish" (dia = 18" = appr. 45 cm). In our FAQ info, we got only info about 4 dish types: Primefocus, Offset, Gregorian and Cassegrain, would be nice to add some info about horn devices. Did you open this horn, just to see what is inside? You said there is Fresnel lens, I assume it is much thinner lens than a regular one. But you also mentioned that it is rather heavy. Is there any manufacturer's info about this horn, or, maybe, a Patent # on it? Cheers, polgyver

Hi, no I've not had her open, I was planning to but when it was bought, found it had already been swapped by the previous owner to a dual universal flange LNB.

All I can provide really is a scan of the original manual. No patent info I can find.

Attachments

• AS-2000.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 182
Hi, no I've not had her open, I was planning to but when it was bought, found it had already been swapped by the previous owner to a dual universal flange LNB.

All I can provide really is a scan of the original manual. No patent info I can find.
Thanks for the scan, some of its words helped me do more advanced Google search. So I found more tech. info. This antenna is presently not available (discontinued). By the way, I found something even more interesting, Product Review, it is antenna in the shape of a pipe. Unfortunately, also discontinued. So much about non-conventional receiving of satellite signals... Cheers, polgyver

Tested the Pulsat antenna some years back here in California and it only received a few of the stronger transponders with marginal signals. Most transponders were below threshold. It also had significant issues with adjacent satellite interference.

I should dig around in the warehouse boneyards and see if it is still around for a few photos and maybe another test drive.

Got two more dishes recently

Channel Master 35cm dish that had no LNB that insanely cheap for how rear they are they were used for the failed BSB service here in the UK in the late 80s early 90s

Plus a 60cm which was recently taken down for a SKY dish and asked for it, I guess its a LIDL dish wanted it for the LNB honestly for the Channel Master and attached an old Invacom to it.

The Channel Master originally had an LNB that attached to the dish arm so went looking for a collar and found there in North America you can buy brackets for I guess Direct to home dishes and adapt them to standard 40mm collar LNBs for $8, easier than making one and was here in a week.

Recent dishes I've gotten

Yes both LIDL and ALDI do and throughout Europe. Got my first dish in years from LIDL in like 2004 an 80cm mount was crap mind you and snapped was made of plastic.

Must be really nice to go into the equivalent of a WalMart and buy FTA equipment off the shelf like that! It seems like the only electronics items that sell so universally here are cell phones and accessories.

Oh ASDA our equivalent of WalMart wont sell dishes but probably have decent free to air tuners in Freesat boxes by Humax.

LIDL and ALDI have offers where a certain day will be satellite equipment.

>> Revox AS-2000 << That's one odd lookin' "dish" I remember, many years ago, of plans in one of the hobbyist magazines to construct a C band fresnel out of plywood and, at least, aluminum foil. Glad I didn't attempt. If I remember right, it was HUGH!

I still have the fresnel plans in the archives somewhere.
I was going to attampt a ku band size version but never got around to it.
The computer program was in basic but had errors,if I remember correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts