some questions

well maybe by then someone will have internet out here in the sticks
im hoping the area WISPs expand as that look like the only option
Yep they will, And it will be one provider, and just like in my area, they will charge you $68 a month for 15 MBPS service that won't do 4K at full res.
So then you'll have to step up to the next plan.
In my case $85 for 60 mbps.
The beauty of living in a rural area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yep they will, And it will be one provider, and just like in my area, they will charge you $68 a month for 15 MBPS service that won't do 4K at full res.

its $65 for 25mbps
15 is only $45

Your complaining about being able to spend more $$ to receive 15 meg and 60 meg speeds and your in a rural area ? I am lucky to get 3 meg speeds in my rural area so I am little frustrated by reading your post and think that you should consider yourself lucky and not complain :)

I thought you couldn't get Internet?

i cant, YET

this company is near me, but i am slightly out of their area,
they are expanding
hopefully withing a year or so i will be able to get it

I pay $60 for speeds up to 12mbps and I can stream 4k content just fine. I rarely do it since there isn't much to watch but it does work.

i cant, YET

this company is near me, but i am slightly out of their area,
they are expanding
hopefully withing a year or so i will be able to get it

When you finally do get the ability to stream 4k I think you are going to be disappointed. There is very little content available.

Your complaining about being able to spend more $$ to receive 15 meg and 60 meg speeds and your in a rural area ? I am lucky to get 3 meg speeds in my rural area so I am little frustrated by reading your post and think that you should consider yourself lucky and not complain :)
Yes, I am complaining because Comcast and Time Warner are all around us, and it would be available if we didn't have this rip off mom and pop Cable Company.
If it was a matter of what's available sure I wouldn't complain, But it's more like a Monopoly issue in my area.
They ONLY charge This Because They can.

But let me ask you something, What do you pay for your 3 MBPS?
$20, $30??

You know what our 1.5 service cost? $42.95.
People get 125 MB service for that.

Yes, I am complaining because Comcast and Time Warner are all around us, and it would be available if we didn't have this rip off mom and pop Cable Company.
If it was a matter of what's available sure I wouldn't complain, But it's more like a Monopoly issue in my area.
They ONLY charge This Because They can.

But let me ask you something, What do you pay for your 3 MBPS?
$20, $30??

You know what our 1.5 service cost? $42.95.
People get 125 MB service for that.

How much money do you think that "mom and pop" cable company has invested in infrastructure? Do you think they charge those fees just because they can or because they just may need to in order to turn a profit and run a business. Drives me crazy when people think a company charges certain fees just because they can when they have no idea what that company's expenses are.

How much money do you think that "mom and pop" cable company has invested in infrastructure? Do you think they charge those fees just because they can or because they just may need to in order to turn a profit and run a business. Drives me crazy when people think a company charges certain fees just because they can when they have no idea what that company's expenses are.
I know more then enough about that company.
Let's just leave it at that.
In any other aspect I would agree with you on the MOM and POP shop.
But not in this case.

I pay $60 for speeds up to 12mbps and I can stream 4k content just fine. I rarely do it since there isn't much to watch but it does work.
The reason you can do it is because the streams are almost all at 30fps these days. After futzing around with my new 4K tv and sitting where I do, the 4K stuff doesn't look any better than the 1080i/p up scaled by the tv. And that looks amazingly better than the 1080p DLP it replaced.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troch77
My god! I would love to be able to get 60 meg for $85 in my "rural" area. CenturyLink gets 4 meg here and it's about $40.

My god! I would love to be able to get 60 meg for $85 in my "rural" area. CenturyLink gets 4 meg here and it's about $40.
I assure you ,you won't be paying $40 anymore.

$68 for 15/2.
Top 200 under my price lock is only $64.99.

$85 a month for internet is nuts.
It would never be cost effective to be a cord cutter at that price.

I assure you ,you won't be paying $40 anymore.

$68 for 15/2.
Top 200 under my price lock is only $64.99.

$85 a month for internet is nuts.
It would never be cost effective to be a cord cutter at that price.

You need to factor in that internet is used for more than just streaming TV. So a cord cutter wouldn't be spending that much on internet just for TV. To me you have to factor in all the things in your home that use the internet and how many people in the house use it. The more you have in the house that depend on internet the more valuable the internet becomes.

Reactions: osu1991
Yes and No.
For one a cord cutter is going to be streaming all of their content most likely in HD and now 4K
As will everyone else in the family.

You will find out that 60 Mbps service won't cut it anymore especially if you have data caps.
You would then have to move up to the $130 per month 100 mbps just to get 700GB.

A cord cutter is going to demand way more from their internet then before.

The Month I decided to stream The Seasons of Sopranos, I used 675 GB of Data.
That was before they Implemented the 400GB limit on my 15 service.

And now on average we use 250 GB with a Full subscription to Dish network.
A cord cutter is also going to have to cut his viewing habits if he wants to make it cost effective.

Yes and No.
For one a cord cutter is going to be streaming all of their content most likely in HD and now 4K
As will everyone else in the family.

You will find out that 60 Mbps service won't cut it anymore especially if you have data caps.
You would then have to move up to the $130 per month 100 mbps just to get 700GB.

A cord cutter is going to demand way more from their internet then before.

The Month I decided to stream The Seasons of Sopranos, I used 675 GB of Data.
That was before they Implemented the 400GB limit on my 15 service.

And now on average we use 250 GB with a Full subscription to Dish network.

If you have data caps then it's a different story.

What I was trying to say is that you can't place the full cost of your internet towards TV though. Some is used for streaming shows, some is for browsing the web, some may be for work and some for gaming. Hopefully a cord cutter would still see that value they are getting.

The announcement of the H3 said there would be Sony movies available on demand delivered through Internet and satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)