Some SC channels not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eletourneau

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I am new to SC on southern CA. I just figured out how to get signal strength with my DSR530.

I switched form BEV because is annoyed me that I was missing the channels on one of the satellites. I was under the impression that SC would allow me to pick up all channels. I am finding out that the signal on some of the channels is too weak to receive the channel and that the recording is also pretty poor on some channels.

Is is a dish pointing problem or a satellite foot print problem like for BEV?

dish pointing problem

both satellites work in the Continental US

check the signal strngth on those channels....easiest (and best way) is options 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic C

Right corner will have a + or - number
+5 is minimum
+7.5 is good
anything above 8 is great

I cannot find the diag C screen on the DSR530. I did find a system status screen that gives me a ecb/no DB reading.

When I am on channel 299 I get about 8.2 and 7.8 on channel 298. That seems good enough.

Other channels like 310 I get 0 DB. Can I move the dish to get 310 to work without loosing the channels that work? How should I move the dish to accomplish that?

Sounds like you need a rehit

Call StarChoice (or your broker) and ask for a rehit. That should take care of the issue.

A rehit is the authorization of the receiver. Sometimes the signal they send to the receiver is bad so it doesn’t work right. I had the same issue when I changed programming. I lost most of my channels. A rehit took care of it.

If you go through a broker, call them. Otherwise call SC.

eletourneau said:
What is a rehit? Sorry, I am new at this.

Your channel map is corrupted. Your broker will ask SC to send a "rehit" to your units to reload the proper channel map. DO NOT change channels while the new maps are being loaded.

Last edited:
I called starchoice. They guided me to a master reset. It apparently reloaded everything and it made no difference. Still missing several channels.

What channels are missing?

For example are you getting all the HD 280 to 293 (except 282 in your area), 238, 298,420 and 559?

Are you missing any in the 300 to 351 range?

Satellite Expert said:
What channels are missing?

For example are you getting all the HD 280 to 293 (except 282 in your area), 238, 298,420 and 559?

Are you missing any in the 300 to 351 range?

The HD channels are fine. The 300-351 range is where the wholes are.

So we know your receiver is changing voltages and turning the 22 kz on/off

Do the channels you are not getting show up in the IPG?
Give us a list of 5 or so that you get in the 300s and a similiar # that you do not.

Also, have you changed hooked up your receiver to a different position on the multiswitch to see if that makes a difference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)