Some TV Stations Dropping Me-TV, Antenna Viewers Affected

I hope another station in Green Bay, Wisconsin is willing to add MeTV once news of this gets out a little more. WGBA-TV 26.2 will drop MeTV for new network that has yet to be made. I hope my local Gray Telvision-owned ABC affiliate, WBAY-TV 2, decides to add MeTV to subchannel 2.7 in response. It would make for a great tradeoff for Ion moving to channel 26 a few months ago, and WBAY-TV 2 has had a better relationship with Weigel Broadcasting, having added a few Weigel-owned networks,having started with H&I and StartTV, and when WBAY-TV lost Ion to WGBA-TV 26, WBAY-TV 2 added Decades to 2.6 (Decades was originally set to replace Live Well Network as a charter affiliate, but those plans were aborted and 2.3 became Ion month later in 2015. Ion would later be replaced by Decades when WGBA-TV 26.5 becomes Ion), I have my fingers crossed that WBAY-TV 2.5 or 2.7 picks up MeTV in response to WGBA-TV 26.2 dropping the station.

I predict two different scenarios for WBAY-TV 2:

2.1 ABC
2.2 First Alert Weather 24/7
2.3 Circle
2.4 H&I
2.5 StartTV
2.6 Decades
2.7 MeTV

OR

2.1 ABC
2.2 First Alert Weather 24/7
2.3 Circle
2.4 H&I
2.5 MeTV
2.6 Decades

I heard a new Weigel Broadcasting station will go online in Green Bay, Wisconsin soon, according to RabbitEars's market list (we are READS Market 75 at RabbitEars, as well as Nielsen Media Market 67), on channel 31, right now it's callsign can only be identified by its ID, "776266," as they haven't got the station online yet, which would necessitate the need for a low-power digital alphanumerical 5-character TV callsign or a high-power alphabetical four-letter TV callsign...this is where MeTV will possibly end up, along with a possible future MeTV+ subchannel on 31.2.

This possibly why WGBA-TV 26.2 is dropping MeTV, so that this new TV station can go online with MeTV...

I heard a new Weigel Broadcasting station will go online in Green Bay, Wisconsin soon, according to RabbitEars's market list (we are READS Market 75 at RabbitEars, as well as Nielsen Media Market 67), on channel 31, right now it's callsign can only be identified by its ID, "776266," as they haven't got the station online yet, which would necessitate the need for a low-power digital alphanumerical 5-character TV callsign or a high-power alphabetical four-letter TV callsign...this is where MeTV will possibly end up, along with a possible future MeTV+ subchannel on 31.2.

This possibly why WGBA-TV 26.2 is dropping MeTV, so that this new TV station can go online with MeTV...
Astoria OR has a LPTV (KPWT) and they added METV in HD, KATU Portland had it in SD and dropped it for Charge!. KPWT has all of the Weigel channels (7 of them, H&I & METV in HD)

Green Bay's affiliation with WGBA-TV 26.2 ends on October 1, 2022.

A transitional affiliate for MeTV has yet to be announced to take over until until Weigel Broadcasting launches their own station on channel 31 in Wittenberg, Wisconsin (in Shawano County), about halfway between Wausau and Green Bay, two markets which the station will serve.

The last time Green Bay had a station that served two adjacent markets was from 1968-1972 with KFIZ-TV 34, a Fond du Lac, Wisconsin-based Independent general news and entertainment station (which also carried some programming from NET/PBS, like Sesame Street, on a secondary basis) owned by KFIZ radio, which served both Green Bay and the northern portion of the Milwaukee market...

A transitional affiliate for MeTV has yet to be announced to take over until until Weigel Broadcasting launches their own station on channel 31 in Wittenberg, Wisconsin (in Shawano County), about halfway between Wausau and Green Bay, two markets which the station will serve.
unless they get a CP for an upgrade they wont cover either (but can get cable coverage in Wausau market)

Untitled.jpg

unless they get a CP for an upgrade they wont cover either (but can get cable coverage in Wausau market)

View attachment 158329
I guess Weigel needs to apply to boost the effective radiated power to reach both markets between now and the January 2023 deadline from 17 kW to 800 kW or 1,000 kW (1,000 kW is the maximum)...

Effective radiated power for each Green Bay area TV station compared (for 9/6/2022):
2 (WBAY-TV, ABC)...........................................................................................1,000 kW
5 (WFRV-TV, CBS)...........................................................................................1,000 kW
11 (WLUK-TV, Fox).............................................................................................500 kW
14 (WCWF, The CW)..........................................................................................700 kW
18 (K18NQ-D, DN).............................................................................................1.64 kW
22 (WLWK-CD, NBC)...........................................................................................4.1 kW
26 (WGBA-TV, NBC)..........................................................................................500 kW
26 (W26EE-D, WVCY)..........................................................................................15 kW
31 (776266, Weigel/CP).....................................................................................17 kW
32 (WACY-TV, Independent)...............................................................................85 kW
38 (WPNE-TV, PBS)...........................................................................................212 kW
38 (W17DZ-D, PBS)..........................................................................................9.36 kW
49 (WGBD-LD, Daystar).......................................................................................15 kW
68 (WIWN, Cozi TV)......................................9 kW/34 kW (STA)/48 kW (application)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)