Some Very Stupid Questions: About Set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK back to the subject at hand

The LNB is a Legacy Twin and will work with pretty much all receivers

What receiver model do you have?

can some check to make sure I am getting the right numbers I mean skew,elevation and azimuth. zip code is 04942 thank you

OK...

so all you have to do is hook a cable from the LNB (either port will work) to the sat in on the receiver. Since your 1st post you mentioned you got the skew, azimuth and elevation for the dish what I would do is set the skew on the back and the elevation and really not mess with it while aiming.

On the receiver hit menu 6-1-1 then scroll over to select satellite 119 transponder 9, 11, 13 (one of them will work fine)

Then aim the dish until you lock 119W and get the highest signal you can...anything above 50 will be fine. The bar will turn green when you are locked on 119.

Then do a check switch (right hand side it says switch check and then test). Once this goes through it will set up the receiver for that LNB. Should say something like

1 1 2 2
119 119 110 110
odd even odd even

Then keep hitting cancel until you get back to the main screen. It will say something like
satellite 119
transponder 9
1 of 5

It will cycle up through 5 of 5 then download the guide. And you're done :)

by the way....do you know what type of LNB do you have at the house?

If not, go into the menu (menu 6-1-1), and select check switch. The next screen will say what you have
Dish 500 Twin
Dish 500 Quad
DishPro Twin

etc

Reason I ask is if you have the same type at the house as you do on the camp setup, you wont need to do a switch check

at the house is the same Dish 500 twin, oK this is where we differ I got elevation 21 azimuth 251 skew 122 big difference there. every site I go to I get different numbers. From different sites I have gotten skew numbers ranging from 19.9 to 35 to 125. Thing is the skew on the dish the lowest number is 40 so I know that isn't right. Thank you for your straight forward easy for me to understand, answers this is what I was looking for...

If its a Dish500 Twin (not DishPro...DIshPro says "DISHPRO" on the LNB whereas a regular Twin says "Dish Network")...if they both are the same then you wouldnt need to do a switch check

I think I goofed on the skew. Elevation and azimuth are close...skew should be about 125 (dishpointer gave me the wrong numbers)...now that I reran it in dishpointer I get 125 as the skew...thelist here gives me the same info

so its 22 elevation on the dish
251 azimuth
125 skew on the back of the dish

wow, thank you again, great answers to my questions and I am ready with confidence that I can get this done. Thank you once again.

If you read the whole OP, you'll see that they have a Dish 500. The receivers don't matter unless they aren't compatible with the LNB (ie legacy receiver with a DishPro LNB).

Yes I see now he has a 500 but mainly I wanted to know what kind of LNBF (DP, DPP) he had and what kind of receiver he had (sinlge, dual). Makes a difference if he was trying to hook up a dual tuner to a DP LNBF.

its an olde for sure, numbers are BS1D1UP201M Lot # E16 that is all I could find for number on the LNBF.
I asked for words as opposed to a model number but I managed to get some insight by doing a Google search on the model number. It is a legacy Twin (as the receiver should tell you after you do a mandatory check switch).

OK back to the subject at hand

The LNB is a Legacy Twin and will work with pretty much all receivers

What receiver model do you have?

I asked for words as opposed to a model number but I managed to get some insight by doing a Google search on the model number. It is a legacy Twin (as the receiver should tell you after you do a mandatory check switch).

I'm glad it took you 36 hours to come up with the same thing Iceberg said yesterday.....

I seen that :)

But both me and you got the point across...the OP has already all the info he needs for this weekend then someone has to come in and bring up info that has already been said many many hours ago

So, if I bring up a thread that is 6 months old and say the same thing that someone else said, I'm helpful? Yeah, there is a difference between 6 months and 32 hours, but the idea is the same. All that tells me is that the 'helpful one' isn't reading the entire thread, just throwing in their two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)