some VIP info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Some of this pertains to the 211 only,

The 211 does have a software issue involving the set up of the receiver when it has rebooted from its initial software downloading during the set up of the receiver. The problem is apparent when after the receiver has rebooted it goes to the transponder count up message 015 and either remains at 0 of 5 or stalls at 4 of 5. This issue is a known problem and will be corrected, until then it can be fixed by doing a hard reset of pulling the power cord from the electrical outlet and waiting 10 seconds before reinserting the power cord, the receiver will reboot and should take about 20 seconds to do so. This one time fix is only needed during the initial set up of the receiver when it is being installed for the first time.

I have noticed two issues relating to ota digital and I hope that others can chime in with anything similar.

(1) When scanning for local ota has been completed and you select done the receiver saves the information to memory, during this process I had one 211 freeze up and I had to front panel reset it. The antenna being used was a self powered RCA model rabbit ears.

(2) Same unit, 2 times after scanning the locals I noticed some pixeling and a momentary stutter of the audio and video after going to a channel and being on it for 7 seconds, after this the problem did not repeat, signal strength was at %70 on a overcast day with rain.

If your getting any of the VIP series of receivers make sure that the work order reflects the requirement for the 61.5 and or 129 orbital slot and the appropriate equipment as some work orders have not had this information. Also at this time there is some misinformation going around that there are locals on the 129, I haven't verified this information though I have tried to do so, if your a super-dish local subscriber count on at this time having to have a separate wing dish pointed at either the 61.5 or the 129 sat to get the full HD package.

Van said:
Some of this pertains to the 211 only,

The 211 does have a software issue involving the set up of the receiver when it has rebooted from its initial software downloading during the set up of the receiver. The problem is apparent when after the receiver has rebooted it goes to the transponder count up message 015 and either remains at 0 of 5 or stalls at 4 of 5. This issue is a known problem and will be corrected, until then it can be fixed by doing a hard reset of pulling the power cord from the electrical outlet and waiting 10 seconds before reinserting the power cord, the receiver will reboot and should take about 20 seconds to do so. This one time fix is only needed during the initial set up of the receiver when it is being installed for the first time.

Hmm...sounds just like my 811. Back in the fall after one of the firmware updates, my 811 would loose its signal and then hang up on the transponder count up. Found out that it was an issue with my DVI connection between the TV and 811. Apparently, it was related to the handshake between the receiver and TV for the HDCP. Found out that when I turned on the TV first and then turned on the 811, things worked just fine as the handshake took. Has not been an issue since.

-Mark

I think Van means that Superdish users should plan on keeping their Superdish for 105/121 locals, and 129 or 61.5 for HD.

mdonnelly said:
I think Van means that Superdish users should plan on keeping their Superdish for 105/121 locals, and 129 or 61.5 for HD.

Bingo atleast for now, this new roll out has been a nightmare for trying to get all the correct information.

Does the new reciever ever freeze when going from a digital local ota to Dish programming, becuase my 811 does all the time.

Yeah I think everyone will probally be on the Dish 1000 for the most part. I know when they 1st came out it showed on the map that most folks in the US could use it. I think FL and parts of the New England states were some that might half to go another route if from what I can recall.

The inactivity switch on the 211 does not disable. The 211 goes into sleep mode even when the inactivity switch is disabled.

I have a problem with OTA's as well. My 811 read and locked onto the signals with ease, but the 211 locks onto one with signal strength of 56-64, but doesn't lock onto another that has a signal strength of 81-84. CSRs were not very helpful. Referring me to antennaweb.org as if I had never used an antenna before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)