Some VOOM CSR's are TeleMarketers.

cleanerguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Hello,

I have been reading here for a couple months deciding what to do in regards to signing up. So I called Voom last week and spoke with a csr about signing up and she stated that some one would have to call me back. It took about 3 days and some one called me from 210-991-7200 (caller id). I wanted to know who my installer would be in Erie, PA, she was going to transfer me to some one else and in the process I got cut off.

So, after a few days I decided to call the number from the caller id, It was West TeleMarketing, (they have a big office here and employee hundreds).

I expected Voom to answer, the girl who did answer said, Yes, this is West Telemarketing. I told here that some one called me from Voom at this number and she told me to hold and that is when I got someone's voice mail. I left a message so I hope they call back.

Hopefully not at dinner time, those damn telemarketer's

cleanerguy said:
Hello,

I have been reading here for a couple months deciding what to do in regards to signing up. So I called Voom last week and spoke with a csr about signing up and she stated that some one would have to call me back. It took about 3 days and some one called me from 210-991-7200 (caller id). I wanted to know who my installer would be in Erie, PA, she was going to transfer me to some one else and in the process I got cut off.

So, after a few days I decided to call the number from the caller id, It was West TeleMarketing, (they have a big office here and employee hundreds).

I expected Voom to answer, the girl who did answer said, Yes, this is West Telemarketing. I told here that some one called me from Voom at this number and she told me to hold and that is when I got someone's voice mail. I left a message so I hope they call back.

Hopefully not at dinner time, those damn telemarketer's

Your absofriginlutly correct.

They have different telemarketer offices taking all there calls.
I was calling to confirm my upgrade dish install and the Voom so called Manager on duty and I started talking about rain fade. I told her I was in Seattle area and she said WOW this office is in Spokane Wa!!!
I said OH I though Voom was in New York. She stuttered and said Oh we have offices all over. I believe too keep costs down they use a telemarketing call center close too where you call from to keep costs down and overload of calls down. This is not uncommon for many companies that do there buisness by phone. But it shows why the lack sometimes of good follow thru or information.

Whenever I call 1-800-GET-VOOM I always get the Spokane office. I'm in Portland, OR.

Call Centers

There is a call center in Spokane which handles all of the cancellations, tech calls and any other inquires.

The other call center is in San Antonio which only handle sales calls. So if you ever call in and you get the san antonio office and you are an exsisting customer you will be transferred over.

My wife is a bank teller, and some of her banks internal support phone centers are actually in INDIA... hey, take the cheap labor whereever you can get it I say...

I'm no expert on the matter, but I do live here near West and basically it's just a call center. Some outbound, some inbound. They aren't allowed to take your number and use it if you call for Voom.

It's not really 'cheap' outsourcing, but it is extremely convenient when you don't want to open your own call center and the expense that goes with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)