Somebody jacked my RA super joey WTF!?!?!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
UPS drivers are monitored by so many factors of performance the formulas boggle the mind.
More than likely, your local driver has found a way to 'massage' the system.
Absence of malice

This is very true, they're monitored on miles driven, how long they've stopped somewhere, how far they've backed their vehicle up, they have supervisors do ride alongs to judge performance, the list is almost endless, it's like Dishcomm said, enough to boggle the mind!

This is very true, they're monitored on miles driven, how long they've stopped somewhere, how far they've backed their vehicle up, they have supervisors do ride alongs to judge performance, the list is almost endless, it's like Dishcomm said, enough to boggle the mind!
ok I can see the other factors but this really?
just this factor alone makes me face palm.

I believe you and I'm already shocked. And here I thought they only had to suffer through summer w/no A/C.

I order so much stuff off the internet that my UPS driver knows me by name, unless I get a different driver on some days. I prefer UPS over all other delivery services.

Reactions: TheKrell
If you have the tracking number, you can usually click on the drivers notes, and it usually says where he left it. That's been my experience.

Yes that is a good suggestion. I did that years ago when waiting for a Dish replacement receiver. Tracked the package, said it was delivered to the side door. Problem was I have no side door. Eventually a person about a mile away called and asked if I was waiting on a box from Dish.

Reactions: TheKrell
A year or so ago, we had a terrible UPS driver. He kept delivering my stuff across the street and three doors down, for no obvious reason (such as similarity of house numbers). I also had a number of deliveries put outside our sliding glass door to the basement, when the front door (1) had no steps to deal with and (2) was much closer to either street. :confused: Then he delivered a package to the wrong house, and when my wife got the mail order vendor to replace the missing package, came to our door and as much as accused her of stealing the package. She went ahead and filled out his paperwork regarding the missing package, but then he apparently lost the form and came back to our door again to ask her fill it out again (which she refused). The vendor shipped a new package (IIRC it was a pair of shoes), and then the missing package showed up about 3 weeks later.

UPS drivers are monitored by so many factors of performance the formulas boggle the mind.
More than likely, your local driver has found a way to 'massage' the system.
Absence of malice
Or he was contacted by dispatch about the poster's call about the missing packages, realized they were left elsewhere, and went back to retrieve them. I had that happen once with a sub driver on my UPS route. It didn't happen while I was on the phone, but I got a knock and a hand delivery a couple hours later.

I don't have packages mailed to my home anymore. My employer has its own post office where I send all my personal packages. Usually failproof.

ok I can see the other factors but this really?
just this factor alone makes me face palm.

Very common requirement to limit backing up. Long before UPS did that companies like Southern New England Telephone and local Milk delivery (door to door) businesses required drivers not to back up unless necessary. Many/most Fire Departments have had that rule for ever.

and the Mail Man (Woman, in my case). My box is set alongside the drive way about 20 ft in. For years, they backed back on the street. Now they come all the way up my LONG driveway to turn around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)