Someone else likes VOOM

Danielle,

This is a great find. Did you explore the rest of the site? There is some GREAT info here - well done. Everyone should chech this out.

Cheers,

James

Don't have time to explore the site in-depth, so can't comment on the content or how well done I think it may be.

The first thing I did notice, though, was that he's also hawking used receivers. With the known problems of receivers that were stolen plus the fact that VoOm won't activate them for that reason, I can't see giving him much credibility.

Upon first glance, it appears to me that his agenda may be more to sell products that may be of questionable origin and are currently of questionable value, since VoOm's policy does not presently enable them to be activated.

But, as I said, I didn't have time to review the content or go indepth except for what first caught my eye, so can't judge if I think his reporting on the VoOm saga is credible. Just my thoughts.

Vicki

Vicki said:
Don't have time to explore the site in-depth, so can't comment on the content or how well done I think it may be.

The first thing I did notice, though, was that he's also hawking used receivers. With the known problems of receivers that were stolen plus the fact that VoOm won't activate them for that reason, I can't see giving him much credibility.

Upon first glance, it appears to me that his agenda may be more to sell products that may be of questionable origin and are currently of questionable value, since VoOm's policy does not presently enable them to be activated.

But, as I said, I didn't have time to review the content or go indepth except for what first caught my eye, so can't judge if I think his reporting on the VoOm saga is credible. Just my thoughts.

Vicki
Vicki,
Would you please get me the link to the page that you saw him hawking the receivers. I've gone over the entire blog and I have not found what you are referencing to. I hope he is not, otherwise I fell like a fool and I would not have posted his blog up.

Thanks for your help,
Danielle

Danielle, I may be the one who's a fool, because I don't know whether you can choose your advertisers if you do a blog, and it could be run by someone other than the author of the blog.

But the link is at the top of the page you linked to, under the picture of the girl.
Vicki

Hey, Vicki, just did a quick check of the site and...

Vicki said:

Vicki

all the ads I could find concerned Dish, Direct and Comcast. Since the ads are created by Google they can be from anyone and the ads will vary by date and time. Initial impression is the site is legit and provides a nice summary of what is going on with VOOM.

Still way to hot and dry in wacky Seattle weather but enjoying HDTV, Gill

Have gone back and read the blog...and my sincere apologies are warranted and hereby tendered to B.Greenway, author of the blog, and I am assuming may be the same B.Greenway who also a posts occasionally on this site.

In my opinion, it is truly well done and sticks to the facts. I agree it would be a valuable resource for anyone wanting to get a synopsis of things without a lot of off-topic commentary.

I apologize B.Greenway, I didn't know about the revolving ads, and when I first pulled it up, that hawker ad was showing at the time...it put me off so quickly and so thoroughly I didn't want to take the time then to look any further. :eek: :eek: Keep up the good work!! :)

It would sure be nice if Google and EBay would get a clue about illegal activities and try to take a little more responsibility about what they allow.

My new, revised thoughts, based on all the evidence I've seen! :eek: :)

Vicki

B.Greenway posts at AVSForums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)