Someone help me identify this 6000 receiver!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ProSat2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi. I have been installing Dish Network for a couple of years now, but I have only run across 6000 units a couple of times. A month or two ago I went to a customers home to swap out all of his 2700 units for 311's and swap out his 6000 for a 921. He owned all of his own stuff and wanted to upgrade everything. To make a long story short he basically handed all three of the 2700's (one was never used and NIB) and the 6000 to us and said he didn't want them any more and that we could keep them ourselves. Tonight I got the 6000 out of the garage and began to look at it. I downloaded the manual and read through it, but it was rather vague as to the off air broadcast adapter. How can I tell if this unit has this already installed? There are two satellite input ports on the back. One is blocked off by a bent over piece of metal and the other is right above it. What are the two of these used for? There is a second port, but it is empty and still covered. I haven't had too much luck on the web trying to figure this unit out. Thanks for the help.

LM :)

the 6000 has 2 slots for upgrade modules. The one that's iinstalled in your box is the 8PSK (used for additional HD sat. programming along with the standard sat. programming). It takes the place of the original sat. input, thus the bent metal covering the old input. The other module is the 8VSB, used for OTA. Unortunately, you're missing it, so no OTA without the purchase of a 8VSB module :(

Dave

Hi Dave and thank you for the reply. That was what I expected. Considering it was free I consider it to be a good deal. The remote is pretty worn, but the box is mint. I just wish I had a HD TV. Maybe this spring after my tax return. Thanks again.

LM

DRGingras said:
the 6000 has 2 slots for upgrade modules. The one that's iinstalled in your box is the 8PSK (used for additional HD sat. programming along with the standard sat. programming). It takes the place of the original sat. input, thus the bent metal covering the old input. The other module is the 8VSB, used for OTA. Unortunately, you're missing it, so no OTA without the purchase of a 8VSB module :(

Dave
I don't know about now, but for awhile DIsh was giving them away for cost of handling and shipping.

ProSat2, looking at the 6000 from the back, the slot in the middle is for the 8VSB (OTA) module, and the one on the right is for the 8PSK module. The 8VSB module has one F-jack on the right side of the module. The 8PSK module's F-jack is more centralized, plus has an angled piece of metal to block access to the 6000's satellite input (no longer used with the 8PSK module.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)