Someone Help me PLEASE!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

furiousmonk

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
hi fellow HDTV fans!!!
I recently moved from nyc to south florida...i was given a voom dish and reciever from a friend (active until the end of the month on his account!!!) I cannot technically install the dish on the roof of my condo, because it recently became against the rules (damn these condo boards and their rules). I picked the lock to the roof, and have tried unsuccessfully for the past 2 nights to install the dish. I just can't seem to get a signal. I spoke to my friend who assured me that that the dish and reciever were working fine a few days ago, and he has not cancelled his service yet. I really really miss hdtv (i have a optoma ezpro 735 hd projector) and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. I know that it needs a se los at 61.5. how do i figure out where that is and position the dish? thanks in advance
monk

Well, first thing is Voom will NOT activate the receiver. They absolutely will not activate a used receiver for anybody except the original owner.

how do i apply the azimuth and elevation angle?
sorry for the noob question...this is my first attempt at satellite
thanks,
monk

For starters, you need a compas... ;)

lol...
pretty much the only thing i know is which direction is southeast...as for everything else...

furiousmonk said:
lol...
pretty much the only thing i know is which direction is southeast...as for everything else...
Good. Then you should be able to figure out where North is ;)
Rotate the compass so that "0" mark points north, and then use the numeric scale to locate your azimuth.
If your compass doesn't have numeric scale - you need a better compass!

Here are some other helpful resources for you posted by MNHTUG in another thread:
MNHTUG said:
If your interested in giving it a try, the following link will help you find the sat from your location.

Point your satellite dish...

Rainbow1 (61.5) from Minneapolis:
Azimuth: 138.785508
Elevation: 29.414098

Other Sat Point Calculators:
Look Angle Calculator
SatCalcView

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)