Something's gotta be wrong

wayne231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Memphis, TN
Had my 622 activated last Friday. Noticed right off that the OTA signal was not as strong as it is on my 942. The picture quality is certainly not any better. Last night I scheduled it to dvr the show 24 on my local channel 13. Well, it dvr'd Supernanny on local channel 24. It then proceeded to tell me that there "appeared to be a problem with the switch." It's words, not mine. A check switch went just fine. So far, I'm not real impressed with the 622 over the 942. Just thought I would share :)

My 942 has been giving me the "there apears to be a problem with the switch" error over the last couple of weeks when watching OTA. It does it maybe once a night when I switch from one OTA channel to another one. Switch check says they are all good.

After a few days, i called tech support, went through all the stuff with the tech, he then said he though it might be a problem with the install, such as improper grounding of the switch. I told him this problem didn't happen with the 811 the 942 replaced(although it had its own problems). He set up an appointment to have a tech come.

THe tech guy came, did the same stuff I did with the tech a few days before, and said it was a software problem that should be fixed soon.

SO I still have the problem... Good thing the tech appointment didn't cost anything.

I've never had a problem with the 942. It has been as solid as a rock. I just hope that the 622 ends up as well. If it doesn't then they change places.

I started getting "there apears to be a problem with the switch" problems when the DPP44 was installed.

RobertsD said:
My 942 has been giving me the "there apears to be a problem with the switch" error over the last couple of weeks when watching OTA. It does it maybe once a night when I switch from one OTA channel to another one. Switch check says they are all good.

After a few days, i called tech support, went through all the stuff with the tech, he then said he though it might be a problem with the install, such as improper grounding of the switch. I told him this problem didn't happen with the 811 the 942 replaced(although it had its own problems). He set up an appointment to have a tech come.

THe tech guy came, did the same stuff I did with the tech a few days before, and said it was a software problem that should be fixed soon.

SO I still have the problem... Good thing the tech appointment didn't cost anything.
thetech left wihtout fixing the problem..Brillinat..This is a breach of DNSC protocol,.....No tech may leave a job unless it completed and closed..Since your equipment is not working properly the tech should not have left until the issue was resolved....You are owed a free service call here...Call Dish and explain to them what transpired and demand..do not ask.. for a no charge service call...also explain that you want a different tech..Insist that the same tech not be assigned this job.....Bottom line is the reciver should be swapped..Understand that 942's are not stocked but they are shipped direct to the cust....

dishcomm said:
thetech left wihtout fixing the problem..Brillinat..This is a breach of DNSC protocol,.....No tech may leave a job unless it completed and closed..Since your equipment is not working properly the tech should not have left until the issue was resolved....You are owed a free service call here...Call Dish and explain to them what transpired and demand..do not ask.. for a no charge service call...also explain that you want a different tech..Insist that the same tech not be assigned this job.....Bottom line is the reciver should be swapped..Understand that 942's are not stocked but they are shipped direct to the cust....
First, I own the 942.
Second, the service call was free, since I am still under my 90 days install warranty.
Third, If the problem really is a software problem, and he did what you said, he'd still be here ;)

I appreciate your concern, and wanting to help me. How would I go about confirming if there really is a problem with the switch/wiring, or if it is in fact a software problem?

RobertsD said:
First, I own the 942.
Second, the service call was free, since I am still under my 90 days install warranty.
Third, If the problem really is a software problem, and he did what you said, he'd still be here ;)

I appreciate your concern, and wanting to help me. How would I go about confirming if there really is a problem with the switch/wiring, or if it is in fact a software problem?
if you have another rewceiver, place it where the 942 is....If the problem crops up, the 942 is bad OR it is the switch.....If the problem goes away the receiver is the issue.....
there are other trouble shoots I can recommend if you are a bit handy and have a basic understanding o the swicthes/equip..let me know..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts