Songs that I did not expect to hear on WION

TRAFFIC "MR. FANTASY >>> WION is costing me money, actually here's the scoop...

Depending on how you are listening to WION, you are able to see the Album or record artwork. But there are also buttons that you can complete certain options for that song. One of them that I love is that there is an AMAZON MP3/CD link. Just click the button and that song can be yours in mp3 CD, or even, Vinyl in some cases. Sweet! @dj1rons <twitter

"Go Back" by CRABBY APPLETON <<< I haven't heard that record since I last heard it on WVIC,WGRD, or Big Jim 1240. <all AM's.
I am proud of my memory for oldies. It only took me less than 10 seconds and the Title & Artist was recalled.
:D
You never know what your going to hear on I-1430.com / WION AM Stereo. Even Crabby Appleton!

This morning I was surprised to hear "99 Red Balloons" by Nena on WION. Hearing that song played on any radio station is very rare... most stations only play the original German version which was "99 Lift Balloons"

The German version actual ranked higher in the USA which went to #2 while the English Version only topped the charts at #11. I am guessing this is why stations only play the German version.

This reminds me of another song that ranked high in the USA which was sung in German. In fact that song was one of the most popular song in 1985 and stayed at #1 for quite awhile. The German version wasn't that popular here in the states (Although its music video was very popular on MTV) but the American Remix was the one that topped the charts. (Although it is still considered the first German Language song to go to #1 in the USA.)

Now when you here the song played on the radio in the USA you only hear the German Version, not the American Remix. In fact I have searched high and low and I can not find the American Remix anywhere to purchase, I can only find the German version.

Here is the American Version.

BTW it was also GREAT to drive into work this morning and listen to ELO'S Mr. Blue Sunshine! I love ELO and that song just gets me pumped up, such a great song! I really would have loved to see ELO in concert.

Last edited: