Sons Of Anarchy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Watched the premier repeat from last night. I'm hooked. Ron Pearlman gets better with age...and Katie Sagal. Mark Boone Junior as Elvis...what a riot.

Funny stuff.

First - please give a brief description of the program when starting a thread - especially on a new show that no one watched because 40 million viewers were watching something else. ;) Something like:

Sons of Anarchy is an FX television series starring Charlie Hunnam about lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club operating in the fictional town of Charming in northern California.

for example.

From your comment I thought perhaps it was a comedy, which sounded great ! Unfortunately, it isn't. :( I will still try and check it out anyway, but a biker comedy sounds more entertaining than a biker expose/soap.

BTW, there was a pilot episode on Sept 3 and then a different "premier" episode on Sept 10...

For me - the first episode was "padded" a little and had a lull in the middle ... (i guess a little too much character building for me) ... i had to watch the second episode to decide if it was a keeper or not ... have to say - i liked it ... well worth the DVR hard drive space for those that are not too sure ...

First - please give a brief description of the program when starting a thread - especially on a new show that no one watched because 40 million viewers were watching something else. ;) Something like:

for example.

From your comment I thought perhaps it was a comedy, which sounded great ! Unfortunately, it isn't. :( I will still try and check it out anyway, but a biker comedy sounds more entertaining than a biker expose/soap.

BTW, there was a pilot episode on Sept 3 and then a different "premier" episode on Sept 10...

I didn't start the thread.

for example.

Google It.

Google It.

You don't understand the concept here.

If, when you start the thread, you simply do the "google" (or wikipedia) yourself, and cut and paste something like:
'
Sons of Anarchy is an FX television series starring Charlie Hunnam about lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club operating in the fictional town of Charming in northern California.

then you save dozens of other people from having to do the same thing. Otherwise, Fred has to google and George has to do the same google, and Joanne had to do the google, etc. I think there are 100,000 registered people on the site, and many more read it without registering.

A little bit of work saves hours in total for everyone else.

( This is something that I know that Jokeworm does quite a bit - saving many other people from having to do the same thing. )

Okay, I did watch the pilot today.

If your favorite show was Sopranos, and you've been looking for something to watch ever since, this is your show. Just substitute bikers for Mafia, and otherwise, it has lots of similarities.

Another way of describing the show is that if you remove all the ideology from American History X then what is left - the lifestyle and culture of disaffected working class people - has a lot of similarities with this show.

The acting was very good - during the program, I was following them as real characters, which is the best indication. After viewing, I was interested to note that Charlie Hunnam was born in Newcastle, and yet his character always seemed to be and sound American (James McAvoy is another young British actor who can do a very good American accent).

Katey Sagal was quite believable as the trailer trash version of Sarah Conner. ;) That's helpful, because as the wife of the show's creator, she would get the job regardless. :D

Overall, the show is well-crafted and realistic. Perhaps too realistic for me - for example, I was bored throughout the movie "Reservoir Dogs" because most of the events were normal reality in the inner city where I grew up - whereas they might have seemed unusual to viewers who grew up in squeaky clean "Spielberg" suburbia.

But it will be worth seeing a second episode - I'm hoping that "the manuscript" is a vehicle that allows the story to go beyond " crueler and bitchier than thou " plots.

And I still think that a bikers comedy would be a great show concept. :D

Okay, so now you've got me started on this show and I've seen all 4 episodes so far. ;)

I liked that addition of Dayton Callie ("Charlie Utter") in the second episode.

One thing I like is that they are not coddling the viewers, they keep mentioning things that you have to pick up as you follow along (much as you have to pick up the customs of the MC if you are a "prospect"). They still haven't explained "Sam Crow" (despite the working title of the show originally being "Forever Sam Crow"). And they keep adding new characters and plot twists, which is essential for keeping my interest (but might be too complicated for Joe Sixpack).

It's too bad this ended up on FX, rather than HBO or Showtime. On the premium channels, they go to lengths to show gratuitous nudity - because it is expected on those channels - by bringing the camera into the bedrooms of the characters.

But in the biker world, the women tend to "let it all hang out" in public as a normal reality. So, the program on FX has to be actually be unrealistic by showing all those fully clad biker babes.
(Another unrealistic aspect of the show is that the women are all facially good looking, whereas biker women tend to be voluptuous, but very ordinary looking.)

I must say SOA has become my favorite new show. It's up there with the Sopranos, but with it's own twist. Now if Dish would only get FX HD.

After the first few episodes, I tried it out on my wife, and she ended up liking the show. The Hamlet tie-in helped. Mitch Pileggi and Dayton Callie helped. ;)

It's a big plus that the show is not about cops, doctors or lawyers, like 99% of TV (even though, of course, all three have roles on the show, since it is about modern life).

Watched the premier repeat from last night. I'm hooked. Ron Pearlman gets better with age...and Katie Sagal. Mark Boone Junior as Elvis...what a riot.

By the way, thanks for posting this. (The comment about briefly describing the show was only intended to make the threads yet more useful to everyone - but any "heads up" is better than not saying anything.)

At the moment, this is the best new series, along with True Blood. Neither is terribly "significant", but both are entertaining and relatively well directed and acted.

Both have a knack of getting you to "care" about relatively slimey low-lifes. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)