Sony admits that at best Blu-Ray has tied

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Very sober article.
It doesn't mean as much as all that," Stringer said. He added that he believed there was an opportunity of uniting the two camps under one format before he became CEO, and he wishes he could travel back in time to make that happen.

Wouldn't that be nice!

Diogen.

"We were trying to win on the merits, which we were doing for a while, until Paramount changed sides," Stringer said.

Merits? more like deceit.

Disney says Blu-Ray has the best chance to win. Primary Blu-Ray backer Sony says it's a stalemate.

Sony CEO sees 'stalemate' in disc fight - Yahoo! News

Can anyone say momentum shift?

(Seriously, Blu-Ray can shift the momentum back into their court by lowering the friggin' player prices!)

The BDP 300 is $349 which aint far off the A30(i think the number is correct). I think you'll see some more BD drops before years end.

BD has long thought they would win on merit while HDDVD has been throwing the punches so I think the BDA is getting the gist this approach
is not working.

I supported them strongly for 7 mo's, but as they continued to let opportunities to make an attack slide by, I lost interest. I dont own stock in Sony or Toshiba so when the A2's went to $98 it was a no brainer. This way 95% of all Netflix rentals are HD now.

If one STORAGE format has to die(not talking movies) Id prefer it be HDDVD just because I like BD as a storage format better.

That being said, both are likely to flourish and a year from now combo players and burners will be affordable so it wont matter who supports who.

Quite a change from Sony saying that Blu-Ray has won. They've been spouting that all year long.

We'll probably see a press release tomorrow saying that he was misquoted and that it was taken out of context, and that Blu-Ray really is winning the war. :)

-John

PS> So far the cheapest Black Friday BR player I have seen is the Sammy at $377.

He sees it as a stalemate because they figured to be reading HD DVD's eulogy by now. I'm sure he's just shocked they are still breathing.
Blu still has more players out and sells more movies. As long as their are millions of PS3's out there I see Blu winning as an inevitbility.

HD already cut their players down to Dollar store prices and pulled Paramount away which was HUGE. That was their best shot. If Blu decides to come out with a Wal Mart priced player it's over. This is like Kobe playing the best middle school kid in the country. The kid might put up a few nice shots but in the end we all know what will happen...:D

The 300 doesn't do TrueHD or DTS HD. From the review I seen, it is garbage.

Well, honestly specs have never mattered in comparing prices. The HDDVD crowd has loved using the price of a 1080i player vs a 1080p player for awhile.

This is like any other technology, you pay for what you get. I think Toshiba got their price down quicker and the BD companies are too worried about making a profit on standalones. Along with taking too long to get the profile up to snuff.

If BD wants to get aggressive they need a good entry level player to compete with the A3 and THEN have some high end stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts