Sony Compatibility

James West

Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
First time poster -
My brother just purchased a 46" Sony Bravia LCD television and had Dishnet out to give him his new HD DVR and new HD dish. The signal strengh from the HD dish was not that great (I believe the DN tech said high 60s). When we turned the set on and checked out The Discovery Channel and other HD channels, the picture was anything but crystal clear and did not have much of a "wow" factor at all. The standard digital channels were equally as dull.

I have the same TV in a 40" size with Direct TV and all the HD channels are crystal clear and the standard digital are very good too.

The DN tech said that there has been some compatibility issues with DN DVRs/Receivers and certain Sony TVs. He said that the best TVs for compatibility were Toshiba, Pioneer and Mitsubishi.

Has anyone ever heard of this compatibility issue before?

Total hog wash!

Check to make sure the 622 is set to 1080i or 720p and you are using HDMI or component connections.

Also keep in mind that some channels and some programs will appear better than others.

Make sure your installer didn't use the standard rca cables as hd component cables either, since the hd receivers don't come with any hd cables it wouldn't surprise me to see rca's used as hd cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts