Sony dd250 HD DVR question.

Lovewega

Original poster
May 31, 2006
I'm new to this forum, but not to HD. Hi to everyone:)
I bought the Sony HD DVR and I was lucky to get one because Tivo doesn't allow Sony to make them anymore. I works better than my Tivo, not to mention it's HD. I'm looking for information on installing a second HD like the 500mb model has in it. I'm wondering is it as easy as just installing a 250mb HD(or larger?) into the empty bay? Does anyone have a site for me to go to, that has any technical info on this DVR?
Thanks for any help.

I know you love your DVR as much as I do. Thank you for the link I have been looking for for 4 months. You are the best!!!

Haven't kept up on this board for awhile. Is there any news about attaching an external hard drive thru the USB port?
Thanks

The Sony DHG-HDD250 (250GB) and DHG-HDD500 (500GB) have been discontinued and, other than addressing extended warranty repairs, further enhancements like USB are highly unlikely. Having said this, there are reports that Gemstar has a digital version of their TVGOS that will enable these devices to continue to work beyond Feb '09 when the analog-to-digital transition is complete. However, it is not clear if the Sony DHG's will receive a software update in the near future.

The only HD DVR slated to support USB 2.0 storage is the Dish Network ViP622, which will be supported during the 2nd quarter (April-June).

Update future

Are we really SOL after Jan '09 ? There must be something. Some hacker somewhere has to be working on a fix. I'm sure we will see it on this board.

Remote repair

The thumb drive on the center of my remote broke. I can't figure out how to open the remote to attempt repair. Has anyone ever opened the remote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)