Sony debuts 70" SXRD Rear Projection TelevisionKDS-R70XBR2 in September 2006

The existing 70" was the Qualia 006 and was originally $13k. That technology (basically) went into the SXRD 60" last year at about $5k, now down to about $3500. Their is a new SXRD 60" for $3499, but it is NOT this XBR2, which is $800 more. Confusing, it is hard to see much differences. Visually the speakers are on the sides, which most people (me included) hate because it usually forces one to a smaller size. I heard the 70" speakers were removable from a saleman, but unsure. Hope 60" is as well. The non XBR models have the speaker on the bottom, which people like, except it is silver and distracts from the otherwise nice black surrounds.
Mike

also 1080p HDMI input?

One additional info is that the two new models should support 1080p input through HDMI, while last years models did not...they were 1080p displays, but only accepted 1080i as input through HDMI. The 1080p are what people were waiting for. No mention in release info though. This is CRITICAL as it allows pixel to pixel viewing using BlueRay or HD-DVD without any scaling whatsoever.

The speakers are removable. I have pics but am so freaking tired I can't see straight. I checked them both out back to back.

I'd buy the JVC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts