Sony HD200 Problem ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beh

Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Hi All,

I'm new here, so please excuse me if I seem out of touch.

I have a Sony HD200 installed, using Directv, HD account, with a plasma screen. Everything worked fine until a few months ago, when the picture started acting up. The picture will jump around, become a mess, an even go out, whereupon I'll get a "No Signal" message on my plasma. The sound is not affected, but it's running thru an A/V amp into the surround speakers. If I turn the Sony off manually, then turn it back on, everything is fine for 5-10 minutes, and it'll start acting up again. I am suspecting the problem is with the Sony, since turning anything else off-on has no affect.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

beh

beh,
Is your Sony in a entertainment center ?
The Sony's tend to run HOT ....
Try placing a fan next to it and keep blowing air on it.
I know my old HD - 100 had a fan built into it, that ran all the time, weather it was turned on or not.
I'm not sure if yours has a fan in it or not.
Try running it seperate so there are no air confinments and see if that helps you.

BTW my H-10 runs hot too, no problem yet ....

Jimbo

It is in a center along with everything else. It has a built in fan, which I am told is 'better' than the one in the HD100. The entire shelf that the Sony and other gear sit on can be pulled out, but it does not seem to make a difference.

That's a good idea, but a bit easier said than done. The plasma is on the other side of the room, and the wiring is in the wall. I'm going to give it a try though, by hooking up a set near the Sony.

I have a Sony Sat HD-200. It does not have a cooling fan like the HD-100. So far no problems with it. Did you check all of your connections, Lnb's, Multiswitch if you have one. The receiver does run hot and should have room for cooling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)