SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
So yes what does everyone think about the Sony model# KDSR60XBR1
Grand WEGA 60" Widescreen SXRD Digital-Cable-Ready Rear-Projection
?

I am strongly thinking about getting it

when i was at bestbuy i couldn't beleive it how awsome the picture looked :up

But on the other hand, i might hold back and wait for the true 1080p HDMI input
that sony is coming out with later in 2nd quartor.

So whats everyone's opinion

I have one and am throughly pleased with it. The picture with HD sources is fantastic. I was fortunate to get it with a Bestbuy discount, so that helped!

I have a Benq 8700+ projector in my theater room, and the Sony has a better picture. Of course in fairness, the Sony has more native resoulution, newer technology, etc.,

But when you have people over, and they are watching the Super Bowl, and more want to watch on the measly 60" over the 123", it makes you wish technology would slow down a little bit. Don't get me wrong, my Benq picture looks fantastic, but it just isn't as vibrant as the Sony. I thought my projector would keep me happy for a long while, but even my wife has said that "What are you going to do about the picture in the theater room?"

I'm guessing when true 1080p front projectors hit a price point in the $4000 range, I'll be upgrading.

Digital Dude said:
The SXRD's are most impressive but it makes sense to wait for one with HDMI v 1.3 for 1080p.

That is the only thing I wish that the Sony would do (not that I have any 1080p sources, nor plan to in the immediate future). I'm sure it will be available on this years model.

I wonder if this generation can be upgraded with software.

The NEC HT1100 accepts 1080p, too bad it's XGA! Didn't I read in the HD_DVD that Samsung had delayed their blu-ray player and are incorporating 1080p output?

Be careful. Some of these sets have a green blob problem including mine. See this thread over at AVS.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=636342&page=24&pp=30

You can see it easy in almost all sets in the memory stick screen when the set is first turned on. But it's suppose to fade away in a couple of minutes. My green blob stays and blonde colors have a green tint to them.

I don't think Sony knows the what the problem is yet. Many have been sent in for repairs or replacements a few times and what they get back still have the green blob. Mine has been to the shop twice already without being fixed. Sony said I'll have to send it in again before they would consider replacing it.

Also, from reading that thread above it seems like the later builds (Feb & March) seemed to have a better chance of not having the green blob.

Until Sony comes out with the 1080p HDMI input version
I think i gonna treat myself to a Clean Power Power center device
either from monstercable
or richardgrayspowercompany.com

in the next 2-4 weeks

to go with my Toshiba Model # 50H81 HDTV set

but which clean power device should i buy ?

But before i buy the clean power device i think i gonna call up an electrician to take a look at my wiring/circuit breakers in the house

the wiring/circuit breakers are a mess at our place, the kitchen is interconnected with the living room wiring and giving us problems sometimes.
I heard that the kitchen should have its own circuit, right ?

angiodan said:
I guess I've been lucky, the only green blob I've seen on mine is when The Hulk has been on!
:)

What's the build date on your set? I'm curious as it seems the newer ones seem to be less likely to have the problem.

If someone is going to get one of the Sony SXRD sets just make sure you get it from a store where you can return it if you have the green blob problem. I made the mistake of getting mine from a local store and now I have to go through Sony to get it fixed/replaced. And that's not been fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts