This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sony Movie Channel is now Live

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The bug is not as bad as I thought. Still wish it were not there but not as bad as the Encore hd bug.

Checked it out today. I kind of like the bug where it is and I didn't even notice it right off. My only complaint is judging from the first week's schedule, the channel appears to do a lot of repeating. With Sony owning the Columbia Pictures library which includes everything from recent films to classics, plus whatever other films it owns, there should be enough films to offer a more varied schedule. Of course, for the time being we're getting it free so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

While I'm happy go be getting a free channel I agree that it almost looks like Voom in the end days where the same shows were on repeat play for an entire month. Looking two weeks ahead there's a total of about 10 - 15 movies and that's it. I expected more from a channel labeled "The Sony Channel" but it's still new so I'll give it time.

I'm surprised that DirecTV picked this up so soon. I would have thought that the channel would need to get some more traction before then, due to DirecTV's stance on the amount of movie channels that exist in the United States. Good for their subs, I've seen some movies on there that I hadn't seen in a while and was worth watching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.