Sony Unveils Smaller, More Expensive PlayStation 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Neutron said:
The fact that our current PS3 doesn't get used much means I know I won't be getting a PS4 when/if it comes out. Console games aren't what they used to be.

In most console releases, I have been less than impressed with many of the launch titles and (even with the PS3) had the system for some time before finding games I wanted to play. In other words, I'll probably wait a bit before buying a PS4. As for one of the new PS3 releases, I'll pass on that as well unless my current system dies.

That would be the Microsoft strategy, have the 36's die (red ring) thus forcing people to replace it and keep numbers up :p
And costing themselves millions of dollars by extending their warranty for 3 years? Also, RROD really hasn't been a problem for like 4 years, and the new models have basically eliminated that issue.

And costing themselves millions of dollars by extending their warranty for 3 years? Also, RROD really hasn't been a problem for like 4 years, and the new models have basically eliminated that issue.

Yup, I'll take this every generation if that's their response, they took a $1b charge to fix this problem. Sony had to be sued to replace PS2s with disc read errors.

Yup, I'll take this every generation if that's their response, they took a $1b charge to fix this problem. Sony had to be sued to replace PS2s with disc read errors.
Wow... didn't hear about that. That's messed up. I remember I had one of the "original" PS2s (remember they only made 500,000 the first year?) and that thing never had any issues. I wonder if it still works.

Wow... didn't hear about that. That's messed up. I remember I had one of the "original" PS2s (remember they only made 500,000 the first year?) and that thing never had any issues. I wonder if it still works.
My original fatty PS2 would have disc read errors, but I wound up fixing that by using a disc drive cleaner disc.
When I replaced it with a top loader slim, never had that problem again (much easier to keep the lens clean).
The fatty was still working at the time, but I replaced it with the slim because the slim had both an LCD remote reciever and network port built in. Otherwise the fatty would have been still in service.

Whether a company has to get sued to fix a problem or not, I'll take not having to buy multiple units before a problem is fixed any day--and part of the reason I stayed away from consoles altogether until the PS3 had been out for 18 months.

Did M$ refund all those buyers who had to buy multiple units in the first few years after their warranty expired? If not, seems like the $1 billion charge merely wiped out some of the profits of selling all those multiple units to the same people.

Whether a company has to get sued to fix a problem or not, I'll take not having to buy multiple units before a problem is fixed any day--and part of the reason I stayed away from consoles altogether until the PS3 had been out for 18 months.

Did M$ refund all those buyers who had to buy multiple units in the first few years after their warranty expired? If not, seems like the $1 billion charge merely wiped out some of the profits of selling all those multiple units to the same people.

Did you buy multiple units yourself? Or this all just part of your hypothetical against MS? I went through 3 consoles, the last replacement was out of warranty and they did it for free anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did you buy multiple units yourself? Or this all just part of your hypothetical against MS? I went through 3 consoles, the last replacement was out of warranty and they did it for free anyway.
Did everyone know about the extended warantee? Or did most assume it was expired (as shown on the warantee card) and buy a new one?

I know my brother paid money to replace one because he didn't know about it.

Did everyone know about the extended warantee? Or did most assume it was expired (as shown on the warantee card) and buy a new one?

I know my brother paid money to replace one because he didn't know about it.
Yes it was VERY well publicized at the time. Hell I remember seeing it on a news scroll in Las Vegas on a building. Even so he should have called the Microsoft support # to see if he could have cut a deal or see how much repair costs would have been and odds are the reps would have informed him of the new warranty deal.

Anyways can we veer this thread back on topic before it degenerates into a $ony vs M$ thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts