Sony Vue and Sling TV

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
So now that Sony has released their Vue service nationwide how do you guys think it will affect SlingTV? As of right now it seems like Vue is a much better service. For only 10 dollars more you get way more channels, plus a cloud based DVR system.

About the only downside to Vue is it doesn't have as many options for equipment availability but maybe that will change in the near future.

I thought Sony had little Client boxes for the PS4?
What ever happend to those?
Playstation TV I think it was called.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

If Vue becomes available on Roku boxes etc... soon, then you can pretty much count Sling as dead. I'd switch today if it was on Roku. Be aware though that with Vue when they add the locals it's gonna cost $10 more. From what Vue told me in a chat you're stuck with the locals and paying for them...no options there.

Yeah I too will be going with Vue if they add a Roku channel. Unless Sling would add more channels and DVR capability between now and then. Right now my Dish Network contract is nearly up. And once it is I am going to cut the cord. Was going to go with Sling until this happened.

There is a Playstation TV. But it does not do the Vue service. Makes no sense to me but that's how it is.

Reactions: Blindowl1234
Vue is not a bad deal at $30 and I would like to have locals, but when it increases to $40 it kind of defeats the purpose of cord cutting. I'd rather keep Sling but wish they would add locals for around $10 putting it still around $30.

I think the only downside of Vue is that they require you to buy locals where available. For true cord cutters I think they'd prefer the option to buy the locals if needed, but not in the basic package. However, I bet a lot of local channels demand to be in the basic package.

Vue is not a bad deal at $30 and I would like to have locals, but when it increases to $40 it kind of defeats the purpose of cord cutting. I'd rather keep Sling but wish they would add locals for around $10 putting it still around $30.
Yeah, but you get what you pay for. if you want regional sports(even if you currently have to use the Fox Sports app to view it/them), you go with the Elite Slim package for $44.99 a month. The Core Slim package for $34.99 a month works for me. Crossed out what I typed because you can get regional sports with the Core Slim package. The Core elite has networks that I'm not interested in, so i'm not going to go that route. I just ordered a Fire TV Stick, once i get that up & running, I'm going to sign up for the Core Slim package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts