Soon to be dish customer with many questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Hi, I am having a dish installed this weekend 1/8. I have 3 tv's in which they are giving me the 522 to use on two tvs and the 311 for my 3rd tv. I have never had a dish before and have Comcast digital cable now.

After reading through the posts on here I have a lot of questions:

Will I be given the superdish? My zip code is 02093. They said I would get locals on the main dish and would need a 2nd dish to get a few additional local channels, but those channels were worthless so I told them only to give me the main dish only.

Where will they install the dish? We get a lot of snow up here is Massachusetts, if its on the roof I'll never be able to clean it. Will they install on the side of my porch?

Do I need to hook up a ground or do they does the installer ground it?

Should I order the $5.99 service protection just to be safe? It sounds like the 522 has a lot of issues, but do those issues involve having someone come out to your house and having to pay $99 bucks?

This one really boggles my mind, I live in a 3 floor townhouse. If the 522 receiver is on the middle floor, how does the remote work on the other tv without the receiver even being on that floor?

I think that's it for now. I am excited about getting the dish but now nervous after reading a lot of complaints. There are some people happy with the 522 so I was glad to see those postings. Thanks in advance for your help!

Scott

They will install it wherever they have to to get an unobstructed view of the satellite. Generally, they will not want to climb any higher than they need to.

They will likely tap into an existing ground even if it is a cold water pipe. They are responsible for grounding in accordance with code.

The remote is not infrared, it is UHF so it will reach.

The issues have mostly to do with software glitches. If you lock in for a year with DHA-12 then the service protection fee is waived. However, unless you are certain you will be happy with DISH, you may want to hold off on any form of lock. I do not personally think it is worth $5.99 per month.

Best of luck. At the moment I am actually considering going back to cable but depending on your needs there is no clear best choice any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)