Sorry for Switch to Direct TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
hey let me share a little tid bit with you. there are no bullets in that gun.

an ax only needs sheer determination. :devil:

But there are Rey...but there are....not the right size, but I am determined too!!!!!!!!!

stncold72 get lost , all equipment now is leased and not owned. DTV does not want canadians thanks you very much .

Now to the OP issue.

If your getting SFSS aka 771 and your were installed back in april this is what I would do.

Call directv
ask for Tech support
Tell them your getting 771 constantly and your still with in your 90 day installation warranty window and you want someone out here to fix the issue as it obvious bad dish pointing or the dish needs to be relocated.
You have 90 days from the date of instation so if you act now it can be fixed for free with out charging you a penny out of your pocket .... I also suggest the projection plan to project against service call fees after your 90 day install warranty is up.

Re: leased, not owned. If all equipment is now leased, ow is it that I can buy receivers at Best Buy, or out of a newspaper, dishes on eBay, etc?

And to counter your point, I'm sure DirecTV wants Canadians - but not at the expense of CRTC Canadian Content legislation. That makes it prohibitively expensive to market here. Why would they spend money to "crapify" their service and tarnish their otherwise good product standing?

I'm sure they don't want Dishnet subscribers either. Or Comcast. Or anyone with a rooftop antenna, FTA box, or rabbit ears. In fact, most businesses have whole groups of potential customers that they just "don't want". Especially during such a glorious and booming economic period. And as a spokesperson for DirecTV, speaking for all executives, directors, managers, shareholders, etc. I see that you would know this, without question.

I heard GM doesn't want to sell to the Chinese, and US Treasury doesn't want the Japanese to buy US Treaury bonds, too.

Good Lord, wake up.

Last edited:
you aren't buying anything at best buy or cosco. those are lease fees and Directv will want those boxes back if service is terminated

Any receiver bought at best buy is leased. Nearly everything bought on Ebay is leased. Or anywhere else. The actualy cost of the boxes, for owned, is $500+ last I checked.

Actually, there are millions of used receivers that are owned. New on the other hand....

I agree, stonecold...finding owned HR2x receivers is difficult, to say the least. I myself, own the following: HR20, HR21, and an HR23, along with 4 R15's. No, none of them are for sale. :D

One advantage of living in a town where there is a DirecTV call center, where employees, as well as ex employees, own their equipment.

One advantage of living in a town where there is a DirecTV call center, where employees, as well as ex employees, own their equipment.

I'm curious about that one. Is there labor legislation that says D* can't lease to their employees?

I agree on the older ones. Not many of the HR or H series however.

correct. i thought we were talking about the newer models all along. when i was looking for an HR20, out of the 30 i checked out on ebay only one was lease free. i drove directv crazy that week with a bunch of emails with RID's to check out. i gave up and decided to wait on something new and improved. hoping that'll be the case.

I'm curious about that one. Is there labor legislation that says D* can't lease to their employees?

Not really. I seen it more as in our own internal systems that the group that deals with employee accounts just sets the recievers as owned . does not always happen though.

this has proven to be a big problem for directv,i know of a number of customers that have switched back to dish network because of directv rain fade issues.

Interesting! I get much less signal loss with Direct, than I ever did with Dish.

just proves YMMV!

Regards, Eric

Interesting! I get much less signal loss with Direct, than I ever did with Dish.

just proves YMMV!

Regards, Eric

Just curious, how can you accurately measure it since the two systems use two different scales for signal readings on their receivers?

Just curious, how can you accurately measure it since the two systems use two different scales for signal readings on their receivers?
Since he said signal loss, I assume he meant rain fade. That could easily be seen by how often the picture goes out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)