Sorry to say, SD you gotta go...

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Yeah that's right, it's sad but true. Today I called up Standard Definition and they can take their 480 interlaced lines and soft pictures and shove it under their sack, and drive off a short pier on a pink tricycle.

Don't try to talk me out of it I QUIT SD!! Whoo needs yoo?!?!?

Dvlos said:
Yeah that's right, it's sad but true. Today I called up Standard Definition and they can take their 480 interlaced lines and soft pictures and shove it under their sack, and drive off a short pier on a pink tricycle.

I totally agree... why buy an expensive HD TV watch 4:3 SD content on it. SD has got to go!!!

Jerry

You do realize you are throwing away something that has been mandated by the FCC, ie, "SD" but not fully implemented yet for something i.e., "HD" that is just starting and has no mandate from anyone.

Don't try to talk me out of it vurbano, damn the FCC and their mandates, I suppose their next mandate will be something like "Let's all jump off a broadcast tower together!" are you going to join in too?

Dvlos said:

What took you so long? :D I dumped SD over a year ago. :yes I don't even watch SD digital, it sucks. :mad:

DarrellP said:
What took you so long? :D I dumped SD over a year ago. :yes I don't even watch SD digital, it sucks. :mad:
Me too. About the only SD digital I watch now is the SD OTA stuff. It has a much better picture then what comes over the satellite. But of course doesn't compare to HD.

Doesn't anyone care about what they are watching?

You'd stop watching something just because its not in HD?

Thats pretty mindless.

Eh, I still watch a ton of SD stuff. I watch HD versions every chance I can, but let's face it... lots of older stuff is and always will be in SD. Until they brea out MASH and Cheers reruns in HD, SD has to stay ;)

Eric_C said:

Thats pretty mindless.
There never was anything on TV that I like to watch regularly anyway except Survivor and I get that on a good SD digital station now. I have such a few short hours to enjoy my home theater that I carefully choose what I am going to watch. With Voom, Dish HD Pack and OTA, there is always something on in HD that I want to watch. Plus I have my collection of DVD's and DVHS tapes sitting in reserve just in case. :D

Eric_C said:

Thats pretty mindless.

At this point yeah... it's getting frustrating. I probably wouldn't mind if all I could afford was 27" TVs in my house. Then it wouldn't make a lick of difference. When I went house shopping the first thing on my mind was having an area to make into a nice home theatre. If I have to I will watch a Marlins game in SD if I have to, but every 20 minutes I think to myself, my god I hate those side bars, my god I hate this soft image, my god at least Voom SD looks better than ComCast, why can't you invest in HD cameras you stupid Fox/local channel?

This has already happened in my house, only my kids want to watch stuff in SD because Toon Disney and Cartoon Network are only in SD. Even then if there is a kids movie on one of the HD channels they want to watch it, my kid loves HOrrible HIstories and the Classics on Animania they watch it even on a SD TV, but they like watching it on the big TV.

My wife doesn't even watch standard unless it's something she REALLY wants to watch. Here's the process at my house every night.

It's 8pm whats on the PG?

Reality Show in SD that I used to watch
Movie in HD that I have in my DVD library.
Concert in HD on Rave.
MOvie I haven't seen on HD.
Movie I haven't seen on SD.
Something about nature on Discovery HD.
Some show on OTA that is broadcasting in HD.

I'm telling you right now that after viewing the program guide "Concert in HD on RAve", "MOvie I haven't seen on HD", or "OTA Broadcasting a show in HD" are going to usually win. Even my wife who at first was totally indifferent about HD when I was in the store buying the TV, says to me "Hey that "movie in SD we haven't seen" will be on HD later right?" (and I'll check the website).

Also when I say HD, the Dolby Digital 5.1 is implied, it fries my brain when I watch a movie or show that says it's in HD and instead of 5.1 it's washy Dolby Pro Logic..

LOL :) This thread is too funny! While I wish everything was available in HD, that just ain't the case. I would miss out on damn near everything I like to watch:

College football - any real fan of a team sure as hell isn't going to tune in to another game solely because the other one is in HD.

Pro football - If my Steelers are on in SD, I'm not going to watch that San Diego vs. New Orleans game in HD. Are you?

Local news - do you guys care what's going on in your community? The world?

Letterman. Surely you don't watch Leno just because it's in HD. Right?

COPS - what would Saturday evening be without some COPS action? C'mon, surely that EquatorHD rerun isn't better than watching some idiots get busted up by the popo. Right?

Wheel of Fortune - this show is a running barometer of how stupid the average american has become - who would miss that?

I could go on and on. I just can't believe people base what they watch on whether its 1080i or 480p. Don't ge me wrong, 1080i rocks, but utter crap whether 1080i or 480p is still utter crap. Right?

rcmojo said:
College football - any real fan of a team sure as hell isn't going to tune in to another game solely because the other one is in HD.

Pro football - If my Steelers are on in SD, I'm not going to watch that San Diego vs. New Orleans game in HD. Are you?

Letterman. Surely you don't watch Leno just because it's in HD. Right?

COPS - what would Saturday evening be without some COPS action? C'mon, surely that EquatorHD rerun isn't better than watching some idiots get busted up by the popo. Right?

Wheel of Fortune - this show is a running barometer of how stupid the average american has become - who would miss that?

I could go on and on. I just can't believe people base what they watch on whether its 1080i or 480p. Don't ge me wrong, 1080i rocks, but utter crap whether 1080i or 480p is still utter crap. Right?

College Football or Pro Football- Or any sports in general I'd prefer in HD, if only available in SD.. well I could always keep the computer on ESPN.COM and let the scores update. My eyes are precious thing, i will not ruin them on SD any longer.

Local news - I turn it on in the morning while I'm still groggy and out of it, my eyes are still focusing, no big deal.. as soon as I am mobile I throw myself down the stairs and turn on the HDTV.

letterman - Talk shows are generally retarded its a giant ego trip for the people on the show or hosting the show. that said if nothing else is on at 11pm I'll watch Leno only because it's in HDTV.

COPS - are you freaking kidding me? Is this hick show still on the air? I live in Miami if I want to see cops I'll open the windows.

Wheel Of Fortune - Another what? I'd rather watch Equator in SD than sit through a horrid gameshow... still I don't understand why they can't air the oldest on air gameshow in at least 16x9 480p!!!

rcmojo said:

Here is something really amazing and in HD!! There is a thing called a newspaper. It's amazing. It's delivered to your home everyday (sometimes next to the front door). Some have pictures. It tells all about what's happening in your community and the world. Amazing technology!

Also, when there's nothing on in HD, there's always a good book. But that's another story...

keno said:
Here is something really amazing and in HD!! There is a thing called a newspaper. It's amazing. It's delivered to your home everyday (sometimes next to the front door). Some have pictures. It tells all about what's happening in your community and the world. Amazing technology!

Also, when there's nothing on in HD, there's always a good book. But that's another story...

I get to read my paper in HD.

You want some College Football? Check it out:

ESPN-HD - The College Football HD Leader!
Sat Aug 28
Va Tech vs USC

Thurs Sept 2
Texas A&M vs Utah

Sat Sept 4
Central Florida vs Wisconsin
Oregon St vs LSU
Notre Dame vs BYU

Sat Sept 11
UNLV vs Wisconsin
Georgia vs S Carolina
Texas vs Arkansas

Thurs Sep 16
California vs S Mississippi

Looks to be that between ABC, NFL-HD, and ESPN-HD there will be plenty of pro games in high definition also. Not to mention Fox is going HD soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts