Sorting timers list

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
Sorting timers list.

I have a 622.

So I was cleaning out old shows from the timers list because it was full.

It's easier for me to sort alphabetically, but there is a problem.

Every time you delete a show the list resorts by priority and you have to resort it alphabetically every time. So a crap load of times.

Oh well, there are worse things in life I guess.

Last edited:
Well I didn't see the edit list button, or think to select it. You can sort the list then click edit list and select all the ones you want to delete. Damn, oh well. That will make it easier next time.

How many timers do you have because while there is a timer limit of something like 89, there is also a different limit of timer "events" something like over 300, that can be reached long before you have anything close to 89 timers.

If you have less than 80+ timers, go to your Daily Schedule and make certain that select "Show Skip" and see how many events you really have. One timer for MTV's The Real World can consume about 40 events as some kid's programming can consume just as many or even more. Get the picture? If this is the case, you can keep the timers, but you may have to change some of them to other than "New" or "All Episodes" to reduce the number of events in memory.

I had something like 95 or 96 that built up over 3 years. I kept getting max number of recorded events reached or something like that when I tried to record a new show.

I deleted over 40. One at a time, resorting each time. Got quite annoying.

Then after I posted my first post about this I went back in and saw the edit list button...

The limit is 96 timers (sure), 250-300 events (uncertain). You can use the Sling interface to create even more timers, uncertain on the exact limit. The thing is, until you get below 96, you cannot add another with the remote, only through Sling. So don't get too carried away. I often run into the 96 limit even with 2 722s and no duplicates. There is no real limit except memory. (Now with the 921 each timer made it slower to add more, IIRC and searches took forever.) If only Sling would let you have a big wish list for it to scan periodically.
-Ken

I have a 622.

So I was cleaning out old shows from the timers list because it was full.

It's easier for me to sort alphabetically, but there is a problem.

Every time you delete a show the list resorts by priority and you have to resort it alphabetically every time. So a crap load of times.

Oh well, there are worse things in life I guess.

If you have it connected to Ethernet and use dish remote access it is much easier to go through your timers and delete things. You can sort by title and it will stay that way as you delete timers. I like the gallery view so you can see more of them at once, when you hover over a timer a box pops up with details and in the bottom right hand corner there is an x which will delete the timer. Hope that helps. Not sure if you can do this without Ethernet connected. Also makes it much easier to delete multiple programs or to manage the schedule list.

The limit is 96 timers (sure), 250-300 events (uncertain). You can use the Sling interface to create even more timers, uncertain on the exact limit. The thing is, until you get below 96, you cannot add another with the remote, only through Sling. So don't get too carried away. I often run into the 96 limit even with 2 722s and no duplicates. There is no real limit except memory. (Now with the 921 each timer made it slower to add more, IIRC and searches took forever.) If only Sling would let you have a big wish list for it to scan periodically.
-Ken

WOW, KKlare, great info on beyond the 96 timer limit via Sling! Gotta love you. Have you shared this info as an original thread. There have to be others who would love to know this.

WOW, KKlare, great info on beyond the 96 timer limit via Sling! Gotta love you. Have you shared this info as an original thread. There have to be others who would love to know this.
Thanks. Remember even recording a viewed/live program requires you to be below 96 timers as the new recording adds to the the total, until finished.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)