Sound Drop on Recordings

FYI, I had the audio "Sony" problem as described above. Dish replaced the HWS, duo-node, LNBA, dish, cables from dish to the receiver, HDMI cables... only the switch to component cured the problem. The Panasonic TV on my Hopper 2000 had no problem during the same time period and with the same exact shows. Try the other cables in lieu of the HDMI!

On the "saving to External HDD, the problem you describe has been a Hopper favorite since its introduction, AFAIK. I'm sure they are aware of it and for whatever reason have not resolved the issue. I cannot believe that it is not for the lack of trying since it is a MAJOR problem. Shows get onto the internal HDD and cannot be removed except by watching them and/or deleting.

In my case no, they are from PTAT and specific recordings. The issue seems to be the date of recording... the older ones do not show up on the "select from" list. I even tried to watch a few minutes of a fairly old manual recording (not PTAT), then tried to see it for the "select from" action... no luck, still at the "not accessible" bottom of the screen.

Re: partial listing, this has "always" been there. The degree of cutoff varies with time of day,.... The partial solution is to list them alphabetically or by date as does best for you or try at a different time even 5 min. delay may do the trick but an hour may not. It may be some internal buffer size limit that varies with what is currently stored.

Re: saving from EHD, I had more than 60 that came from the EHD to Hopper (some from ancient history) and couldn't put them back. That is until the Hopper deleted ALL files twice and said I could restore timers (yes from remote) but recordings were gone. Thanks, during premiere week.

Re: HDMI sound, I've had no problems but I don't have one of the problem TVs or audio systems--using TV or Bluetooth.
-Ken

I've been experiencing this as well, exactly the same as yall, audio drop out every 15-20 seconds on recorded material only. I also have my hopper connected to my Yamaha RX-V377 via HDMI for both audio and video. As you, I notice when it happens the "active speakers" on my AVR display flash indicating a loss of signal. When i back up the recording 10 seconds, the drop out is not there. That tells me the drop out isnt "recorded" but just happening randomly.

I've been experiencing this as well, exactly the same as yall, audio drop out every 15-20 seconds on recorded material only. I also have my hopper connected to my Yamaha RX-V377 via HDMI for both audio and video. As you, I notice when it happens the "active speakers" on my AVR display flash indicating a loss of signal. When i back up the recording 10 seconds, the drop out is not there. That tells me the drop out isnt "recorded" but just happening randomly.

I just had this happen last night. The only way I could get the sound not to drop out was to rewind, not skip back the recording a few seconds. It would then work fine until the next time I paused, skipped forward or auto hop skipped. After that, the sound would cut out until I rewound again.

It's really been having audio drop outs like crazy this weekend. I had to unplug my hopper for 5minutes and then plug it back in to get it to go away Saturday. As usual it was on my ota recordings.

Visio also had/has a firmware issue that they have acknowledged with the audio. Not sure if that would affect any of you, especially since from what I read, you all mostly have avrs but it is worth noting.

Chad, the Sony Bravia also had a s/w update that I installed but did not fix the problem :(

I've been away for a week and turned on everything last night. Now I have no audio on several recorded programs (most are fine) on both the Hopper and the external hard drive. I've checked every connection again, tried rebooting by unplugging. When contemplating the problem being with the TV Sony 70x850b, or the AVR Yamaha 663, keep in mind this set up has been perfect for the last 9 months that I've had the Hopper. I also changed out all of the HDMI cables. One other thing that has just started happening. When I go to transfer from the Hopper hard drive to the EHD only half of the eligible transferable shows are listed. Everything below o (alphabetical) are not listed even though the measuring bar on the right side of the screen is only down half way. Can anyone suggest a DIRT team member that I might contact?

Inazsully, the transfer visibility to EHD issue of which you speak has been ongoing for a long time and complained about a lot! One more DIRT message (names in RED) won't hurt... send them your feelings.

I have had the hopper for 6 months now and experienced audio drop ONLY on playback of OTA recordings and ONLY on my Joeys. The sound would only be out for 3 seconds on each skip forward after commercial skips. Annoying but tolerable. Seemed to get better in recent months. With the latest S515 update the problem is much worse. I can only get sound on OTA recordings when playing from the hopper. MOCAs are all good. My thought is that OTAs are higher quality and may require higher bandwidth, but that is the only thing that I can attribute this too. Anyone else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)