Sound dropout on the 811

Jason423

Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
For about 2 weeks now my 811 has been having sound problems with the HD channels. That includes my off air networks which are broadcast out of NYC. Basically I'll watch the channel and the sound drops out for a second or 2, comes back on for a bit, drops out again, comes back on, drops out again and then usually stays on ok until I switch the channel or briefly lose the off air signal.

Unplugging the receiver seemed to help it for a day or 2, but the problem is back again and it makes it impossible to watch the programming. I guess I have had this 811 receiver for 6 months or so now and this was the first time this ever happenned. I checked all the cables and everything is hooked in properly. Any advice?

I'm having the same problem - it happens with HD channels through Dish Network and OTA HD channels (DC area). It started about 2 weeks ago for me as well...nothing on my system had changed when it started happening.

Let me know if you hear anything,

Brad

I've had a simular problem with my 811 if I leave it on the same channel for a long period of time. The sound cuts off and won't come back until I change channels. :confused:

I think the problem is with Dish others are having the same problem as I'am too. Those with the 942's are also having this problem. I hav'nt been having this problem until Dish started jacking with all the HD channels!!! :mad:

Just as an update I called Dish yesterday and the rep said that its a compatibility problem with the software that has popped up. She took down my receiver number and said they would get to work on it, so if you are having the same problems give them a call so they actually try to fix the problem.

Watched voom for the first time in a month or two. Rave was terrible today with the Dan Folgerberg concert. Sound dropouts and picture freezing. Anyone else?

I'm a first adopter 811 owner w/ the HD Pak and OTA. For several weeks now, I've experienced severe audio dropouts on Dish HD and OTA HD channels. Primarily a problem w/ DD 5.1 audio. When changing to a new HD channel, the dropouts are frequent at first and then decrease in frequency. After a few minutes, the audio settles down and there are few, if any dropouts after that on that channel. However, just change to another HD channel and, same problem.

I've swapped Toslink cabling with no affect and I've checked the OTA HD audio on my LG OTA receiver, but it doesn't exhibit the dropouts. This audio problem began before the video freezing problems on the HD Pak channels started. I don't believe they are related.

In the last couple of weeks the dropouts on my 811 have been only for the VOOM HD ch's. I watched TNTHD alot last weekend and everything was normal. OTAHD has always been stable for me with the 811.

Update. The sound dropouts I was experiencing w/ DD5.1 broadcasts seem to have significantly lessened, if not gone away, w/ the software upgrade to p3.33.

I'd got the software upgrade yesterday (p3.33) and audio dropout did not improved at all. In addition to this, HD picture freezes every few minutes. Getting worse and worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)