Sound on G10R RTN channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Hello, I am new to DVB FTA and this forum. I have setup my dish to received the RTN channels on G10R. I am getting a good signal on my receiver, but have been getting popping or cutting out (for an instant) of the sound on the RTN channels in the evening when they air their older shows. Well it does happen in the day, but seems to be more noticable during the evening. If I change to FOX, UPN or WB on the same satellite, the sound is fine. Are others experiancing the same? I also find it to happen more on KEGS. This seems to be more noticable from 8pm(est) to Midnight(est). May happen at other times, but this is when I mostly watch.

Thank You
Larry

Many of the channels on G10 have sound issues such as those you describe. Also have volume too loud and then too soft. So it is normal-just remember they are free! :)

Oh yah, the sound, hehe. I was watching something on one of the G10 channels the other night when a commercial came on and scared the crap out of us! It was LOUD! I was watching RTN last night and glad to have found it. Saw Hogans Heros and my 3 sons, shows I havent seen in years. Good station, definitaly on my to watch list.

I notice on The Tube that the sound level can vary dramatically from one music video to the other. I assume that the cable companies receiving the satellite feed employ auto level control devices to even things out...

I noticed the same thing. Coincidence or tweaking... Hmmm :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts