Source for 1M dish Without the $800 shipping?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
After putzing round with my motor and dish for most of the day I managed to hit Nimiq1 with a DBS LNB and a few strong transponders from T6 with my ASC321 Standard. The trees have started spouting evil leaves of satan and it's just a matter of time until T6 and anything East of it is dead to me.
I have more than my fair share of foliage blocking what I wanna see up there, the trees start from E<-T6 and T7->W but there's nothing I can do about it unless I build the laser thing I was planning.

I can see all of T7 with a sig strength of around 80 but my favourite, Galaxy10R is suffering - The Tube has Q80/S22 until it drops out when someone sneezes a block over.

My dilemma is, do I get a larger 1M dish to replace the 76CM Winegard I'm using or one of those flashy Invacom LNBs? I have absolutely no interest in Echostar/Nimiq birds, this'll be purely for the low powered FTA birds.

Pete, can you get hold of the Invacom LNBs? I have an itch to improve what I have here, I know you can't polish a turd but you can buff it up a bit.

sadoun.com has the 100cm and 120cm dishes..

Apparently, their 1m is pole mount, but the 120cm is U-bolt

ultatryon said:
sadoun.com has the 100cm and 120cm dishes..

Apparently, their 1m is pole mount, but the 120cm is U-bolt

I've seen Sadouns gear and the quality of the Fortec dishes leaves a lot to be desired - Ideally I'm looking for something with a little more tensile strength than tinfoil and the Fortec dishes don't cut it.

I want my prime-focus dish back :(
Pete, any idea on the RRP on those LNBs? I've seen the quad output model at $99 which is overkill for me.

BTW - if anyone wants a fiberglass Superdish they're welcome to it, see my thread in the Classified section.

;) Have not got any prices yet (English customers get charged more). Check yer PM

Yea, I have 3 Fortec 80cm dishes, and I noticed the one I have up and mounted seems to have a dent in it.. Sadoun accidently shipped me 3 dishes instead of 2, so mabey I will take that 3rd out of storage and see if its bent too.

But.. the price is right, thats for sure. They may not be the best dishes out there, but they arent complete garbage ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong, for an inexpensive dish the price is good.
I'd love to own a small prime focus dish that could be mounted on an SG2100, I don't know how large I can go because I'm right in the corner of my yard and don't wanna take out the fence if poss.

These trees are killing me.
On the upside, the grass seeds I sowed 2 weeks ago are starting to grow.

If anyone has anything larger than a 76CM dish they're willing to sell to me I'd be more than happy to pay shipping+costs etc.

meh, looks like a run of the mill LNB, it is digital-ready though :)
The ASC321 along with their variants that Pete sells are a great LNB, it's not let me down and has survived the Virginia summer without a hiccup, considering I have a small dish it's perormed great too.
I just need to maximise my signal as much as possible, I don't have the luxury of clear skies in this forest I'm living in and I have a long cable run which doesn't help matters.

I still want that prime focus dish though :)

Sadoun are listing their dishes on eBay, I just found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61386&item=5766847181

$135+45 shipping isn't bad at all, shame about the mount.

Goose,

Go to some wholesale electronic shops to look for an inexpensive dish. I just bought (5) 1.2 meter Channel Master dishes last week for only $10 each. They are missing the mount and feed assembly, but it will be a good project to work on during the Summer. The wholesale electronic shop I went to here in Florida had many still available. I would buy more, but my wife might file for divorice. :)

Dave

Yea, I really want to get a C-band dish, but the lack of Polar Mount makes that... not as favorable.

I may have to go door to doo with people with old mesh dishes, and try to talk them out of it.

Looks like it would blow over in the wind. The base looks like it needs to be bolted down.

Cascade said:
meh, looks like a run of the mill LNB, it is digital-ready though :)
The ASC321 along with their variants that Pete sells are a great LNB, it's not let me down and has survived the Virginia summer without a hiccup, considering I have a small dish it's perormed great too.
I just need to maximise my signal as much as possible, I don't have the luxury of clear skies in this forest I'm living in and I have a long cable run which doesn't help matters.

I still want that prime focus dish though :)

Sadoun are listing their dishes on eBay, I just found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61386&item=5766847181

$135+45 shipping isn't bad at all, shame about the mount.

Cascade said:
My dilemma is, do I get a larger 1M dish to replace the 76CM Winegard I'm using or one of those flashy Invacom LNBs?

I got an Invacom LNB from this guy: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZramysat
He seems to have some of the best prices on eBay. Not sure about other sources though. Those places that I did find that also sell them had them for more than this guy (including delivery cost) but I only looked at 2 or 3 websites.

Michael

Cascade said:
I was originally looking at this model:
http://www.daveswebshop.com/panku.shtml

Nothing quite gives me goosebumps like a nice prime focus dish.
Apparently it won't go onto an SG2100 which is a low point, I bet with a few hours spent in the shop it'll go on.

Man, I want that dish....

I emailed Dave's about them being out of stock for several weeks. They said they most likely will not get anymore in, and then pointed me to a Wingard 76cm offset. I am like you, I love the primefocus and was going to stick it on a stab120 since it looks like that would work with that pole mount.

Both the 1m and 1.2m Fortec Star dishes come with U-bolt mounting brackets (see pictures for items 6 & 7 under Dishes on our website)

Sadoun, Im not sure if this is an option, but is there a way to buy just the U-bolt or Pole mounting hardware for the Fortecs? I already have some of your dishes with u-bolt mounts, and I would like to get one pole mount for one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts