Space Systems/Loral Delivers EchoStar XI Satellite to Launch Base

What is really starteling about E11 is 20KW power! Considering it only has to take care of 19 TPs (3 in use by DIRECTV, 10 by E11), that is over a KW per TP.

Echostar 6 is 125W for 32 or 250 for 16 TPs... Echostar VII and VIII were 120/240

Hey DirecTV... we will fire up your 3 TP's for you in high power, can we borrow DirecTV 5 for Eastern Arc? :) And YES..I know it wouldn't happen.

It is interesting to note that Sea Launch doesn't have any press releases in their database for the recent SES Americom launch and subsequent failure.

E* 4 at 77 west is a placeholder for the Mexican Quetsat(sp?) bird. It is not even aimed at ConUS. Interesting fact about E*4 is that it has more power now than when it was originally placed into service. For many years one of the solar panels did not open. In recent years that solar panel opened without any coaxing and wow all kinds of power became available. Unfortunately many of the Transponders had failed in the interim. The satellite has been moved so many times it may not have much fuel either.

So what is TP anyways?

And when a satellite runs out of fuel, do they really push it out on a further orbit rather than bringing it back in the the atmosphere? That seems kinds strange.

This whole satellite thing is really cool. :eek:

So what is TP anyways?

And when a satellite runs out of fuel, do they really push it out on a further orbit rather than bringing it back in the the atmosphere? That seems kinds strange.

This whole satellite thing is really cool. :eek:

TP = Transponder.

They would take a lot of fuel to get back to Earth! They're 22,000+ miles away.

Just ask AMC-14 how much fuel it takes to get out there ;)

SeaLaunch's home port is on pier W in Long Beach harbor, not far from where I work. I may have a chance to go down there and snap a few pics if anyone might be interested.

I will see what I can do. Last time I was down there you couldn't see much from the point that I have access to, but that was when the platform was down for repairs after the last launch failure. If there is anything to see I will take a few pictures and pass them along. I saw their hangar with the big logo on the side, so if their launch vessel is out I may be able to get some good shots.

I will see what I can do. Last time I was down there you couldn't see much from the point that I have access to, but that was when the platform was down for repairs after the last launch failure. If there is anything to see I will take a few pictures and pass them along. I saw their hangar with the big logo on the side, so if their launch vessel is out I may be able to get some good shots.

OK, thanks.

So when this new sat takes its place at 110 will that extra power translate into stronger signal readings by the boxes? Also, if the sat is gonna have more TPs then do you think e* will move some/all of their HD content to that sat so they can do away with 1000.2/1000+ setups?

So when this new sat takes its place at 110 will that extra power translate into stronger signal readings by the boxes? Also, if the sat is gonna have more TPs then do you think e* will move some/all of their HD content to that sat so they can do away with 1000.2/1000+ setups?
Should have stronger readings, especially on Tp 3. There will not be any new Tps, only better signals.

Hey DirecTV... we will fire up your 3 TP's for you in high power, can we borrow DirecTV 5 for Eastern Arc? :) And YES..I know it wouldn't happen.

D*'s SATs at 119 and 110 already put out more power than E*'s. After struggling to peak in a dish at 80+ signal strength on TP16, I can switch my Supersat to D*'s TPs and I get 90 - 100 signal strenth. Hopefully E XI will be able to match or exceed these numbers.

D*'s SATs at 119 and 110 already put out more power than E*'s. After struggling to peak in a dish at 80+ signal strength on TP16, I can switch my Supersat to D*'s TPs and I get 90 - 100 signal strenth. Hopefully E XI will be able to match or exceed these numbers.

You looking at a signal meters strength/BER or raw db gain?

What kind of signal meter are you trying to use with it? Those Sat buddies suck at trying to peak. Mine will max at 86 but ive got a buddy that will max at 117 and then another that will max at 65. Completely unreliable to go off raw signal strength numbers with those. We are switching to Super Sats soon and those are pretty sweet.

TP = Transponder.

They would take a lot of fuel to get back to Earth! They're 22,000+ miles away.

Just ask AMC-14 how much fuel it takes to get out there ;)

Why would it take more fuel?. Just aim it at earth and give it a push, gravity will take over as soon as it gets out of Geosynchronous orbit. Voyager is billions of miles out and has not burned any fuel in decades.

Getting in orbit you fight gravity getting out you use gravity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts