Spaceway 2 Launch thread - It's up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Spaceway 2 now specifically on the Current Mission Update page. Good stuff!

Pic...

Attachments

• spaceway2_missionupdate_oct24_lg.jpg
    spaceway2_missionupdate_oct24_lg.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 651
I got this news last night and never got a chance to post it. My cell phone service for some reason was out all last night so I couldn't check my voice mail. Once I did find out I wasn't at a computer so go figure. But yes its scheduled for Nov 9 of this year so in simple terms just to make sure it will be in about two weeks.

This is for locals. Who cares. When does the next one go up after SP2 so I can get something I do not already have? I hope to god this doesnt lead to OTA tunerless boxes. That would remove any OTA comparisions to this :mad: HDlite picture they are sending me! I didnt think it would get worse but its gotten horrendous over the last week or two. :mad:

vurbano said:
This is for locals. Who cares.

So, if they get rid of NFL ST HD on MPEG 2 after January, thus freeing up bandwidth, this means nothing to you?

hancox said:
So, if they get rid of NFL ST HD on MPEG 2 after January, thus freeing up bandwidth, this means nothing to you?

Vurbano tends to be very emotional and does not always see the big picture. Try not to feed him. :rolleyes:

Any move of locals and HD to Mpeg4 should have positive impacts everywhere including quality, number of channels, and other offerings. The proof will be when we actually see the moves. Lets stay tuned.

I also highly doubt OTA tuners will dissappear completely since the new H20 has an OTA tuner and all new boxes are reported to have the 5th generation chips in them too. With multicasting, I highly doubt OTA will be completely removed from D* boxes.

vurbano said:
This is for locals. Who cares. When does the next one go up after SP2 so I can get something I do not already have? I hope to god this doesnt lead to OTA tunerless boxes. That would remove any OTA comparisions to this :mad: HDlite picture they are sending me! I didnt think it would get worse but its gotten horrendous over the last week or two. :mad:
It still looks pretty good on E* and perhaps FiOS will be rolling into your neighborhood next summer. All that 1500 HD channels crap sounds really great...if you believe it. They can keep their service until they roll-out some National HD that looks half-way decent. I did a side-by-side comparison of two 1080p sets (Mitsubishi WD-62628 vs Sony KDF-R60XBR1) over the weekend and the DirecTV feed looked so bad (they lost their VOOM DBS service) it would scare away anybody looking to purchase their first HDTV. Why pay $$$ on a HDTV that looks no better, if not worse, than widescreen digital cable? Thank goodness I was able to come back on Sunday and compare NFL football on both sets using their OTA antenna - the difference was astonishing.

hdtvtechno said:
And those things are ? besides the sat launch

The addition of significantly viewed channels to the local line-ups.
Chip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)