spaceway 2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is a recent pushback and Lyngsat is known for their slight delay in updates. As Hancox said go with the launch facility.

Lyngsat used to be the "front line", reporting test channels. Now, there are legit channels that have been up for WEEKS on Dish Network that still aren't on Lyngsat. (Specifically Voom channels mirrored at 129.) I now consider any info on there to be suspect.

LonghornXP said:
The spaceway satellites can have their spotbeams configured on the fly at any point at any time during any day. Now because the spaceway satellites can offer a massive amount of channels in spotbeam mode versus conus mode its actually better for them to offer national HD channels via spotbeams. So like was said before D* will use SW1 for the East Coast and SW2 for the West Coast states. So these two satellites would have a giant spotbeam that would cover half the united states. This system would allow them to offer national HD channels with ease but as you might guess they would need to have two seperate Starz HD feeds for example todo this. One Starz HD feed would be hosted on SW1 and another Starz HD feed would be hosted on SW2.

Is SW1 at 99 or 103? I'm finding conflicting information wherever I look on the net.

The reason I ask, is currently, I have a three dish set up. It appears that with the new multiswitch, if I swap my 101 dish with the new dish, it's possible that I can at least pick up the 99 sat also, but lose 103. If this is the case with one satellite handling each coast, if I SW1 is at 99 and SW1 covers the east coast, I should be good to go.

Do you know if this is the case?

E* somehow survives with their main programming at 110 and 119, so 103 should be just fine.

...and this is coming from someone with a fairly low look angle to 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts