Spaceway 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hancox said:
Happy now? :)

No Im not happy. I feel like a second class citizen. Where is the fanfare. We had Dish disaster forums set up here when Dish was upgrading.

There were let me hold your hand posts while you go through the trauma of upgrading to the 622.

I feel Im pretty level headed in my responses to D* vs E* debates that go on here. I even posted earlier that this was a member driven discussion, however, this is a raw deal.

dragon002 said:
a bigger headline and a pic of the bird would be nice!!!

FLY BABY FLY! and whilre ur at it girl, throw a stick at a few e* birds for mocking you and watch how fast the fall back to earth, lol

the twins are fine, to hell with ergens space debris.

charlie, rupert is coming ...and HELL is coming with him.

once 10 and 11 are up, ergen is out of cards, and is holding aces and eights (dead mans hand)

dishheads, sux to be you! keep watching voom while it is still on a satellite system.

bye!!!!

dragon002 said:
the twins are fine, to hell with ergens space debris.

charlie, rupert is coming ...and HELL is coming with him.

once 10 and 11 are up, ergen is out of cards, and is holding aces and eights (dead mans hand)

dishheads, sux to be you! keep watching voom while it is still on a satellite system.

bye!!!!

What happened to the happy dragon? The guy who was so happy and cheerful during the Steelers Super Bowl run?

Ergen out of cards?

Don't know if he is or not, but this does'nt help....... from Skyfiles...
-----------------
FCC Rejects DISH on Ka-Band Move
On Monday, the International Bureau at the Federal Communications Commission denied a request from EchoStar asking the agency to reconsider applications the satellite TV company filed concerning its effort to obtain additional Ka-Band capacity.

In August 2003, EchoStar filed applications to operate four Ka-Band satellites. Specifically, EchoStar proposed to operate satellites at the 83-degree and 121-degree orbital locations using Ka-Band spectrum designated for non-geostationary orbit (NGSO) fixed-satellite services. In the other two applications, EchoStar proposed to operate satellites at the 105-degree and 113-degree orbital locations using the same NGSO FSS Ka-Band frequencies, as well as certain extended Ku-Band frequencies.

The International Bureau's Satellite Division first denied the applications in April 2004. That rejection came despite assurances from EchoStar that the proposed satellite infrastructure would not cause interference to developing NGSO systems in the Ka-Band.

Monday's order rejected EchoStar's petition for reconsideration of the matter. The bureau said EchoStar may re-file its applications tied to the Ka-Band satellites. If the company elects to do so, the applications will be considered newly filed and under the "first-come, first-served" licensing process, the FCC said.

Not only is he outta cards but I think the FCC just asked him to play a lil 52 pick up. E* can enjoy their minimal HD lead cuz in a few months D*'s other birds will be flying high and raining down HD all over the land!

boston area dtv said:
Not only is he outta cards but I think the FCC just asked him to play a lil 52 pick up. E* can enjoy their minimal HD lead cuz in a few months D*'s other birds will be flying high and raining down HD all over the land!

While I agree 110%, I would push that date of raining HD back from a few months to at least sometime after DirecTV 9S goes up this summer. It is currently slated as a BACKUP to 4S and 7S, but they COULD use it on a temporary basis until DirecTV 10 goes up mid spring 2007. Spaceway 3 is slated around that time, or a bit earlier, but I had read that DirecTV was not in control of it or was trying to sell it, or something like that.

oh guys, dragon is very happy!!

he loves talking cr*p.

i just dont know where to start.

the fcc slaps him around ...AGAIN.

TIVO sues the crap out of him.

the twins are alive and well.

whats to worry??

charper1 said:
While I agree 110%, I would push that date of raining HD back from a few months to at least sometime after DirecTV 9S goes up this summer. It is currently slated as a BACKUP to 4S and 7S, but they COULD use it on a temporary basis until DirecTV 10 goes up mid spring 2007. Spaceway 3 is slated around that time, or a bit earlier, but I had read that DirecTV was not in control of it or was trying to sell it, or something like that.

hughesnet owns spaceway 3&4 but directv has options on #3

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-08-2005/0004230258&EDATE=

GERMANTOWN, Md., Dec. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HNS)
today announced that it has awarded a launch services contract to Sea Launch
Company, LLC for the launch of the SPACEWAY(TM)3 satellite projected for early
SPACEWAY satellites are the first in the world to be designed for
broadband data communications and have the ability to switch and route traffic
on board, enabling single-hop communications between any two satellite
terminals and eliminating the need for the traffic to be routed through a
central hub earth station. SPACEWAY's advanced antenna technology allows the
dynamic formation and shaping of spot beams, creating the opportunity to
manage capacity flexibly and to deliver true bandwidth-on-demand services. The
SPACEWAY 3 satellite will operate in the globally assigned Ka-band spectrum at
95 degrees West Longitude and will support a range of new high-speed
communications services for IP data and multimedia applications to North
American enterprise, consumer, and government customers.
"This is a very exciting time for HNS," said Pradman Kaul, chairman and
CEO of Hughes Network Systems. "With the launch of SPACEWAY 3, HNS will enter
a new era as a satellite system operator in addition to being a broadband
services provider and satellite terminal manufacturer. Sea Launch has
demonstrated that they have the capability to deliver reliable and accurate
launch services. We look forward to providing exciting new, value-added
solutions to our customers."
A Sea Launch Zenit-3SL vehicle will launch the SPACEWAY 3 satellite to
geosynchronous transfer orbit from the Odyssey Launch Platform, positioned on
the Equator.
"Sea Launch is proud to be the launch services provider of choice to HNS
for this cutting-edge, broadband satellite," said Jim Maser, president of Sea
Launch. "The combined expertise of our teams will bring the unique and
powerful technology of SPACEWAY to life in orbit."
SPACEWAY 3 is a Boeing 702 spacecraft being manufactured at Boeing's
Satellite Development Center in El Segundo, California.

About Sea Launch
Sea Launch Company, LLC, headquartered in Long Beach, California, USA, is
the world's most reliable heavy-lift commercial launch service. An
international partnership of The Boeing Company (U.S.), Kvaerner ASA (Norway),
RSC Energia (Russia), and SDO Yuzhnoye/PO Yuzhmash (Ukraine), Sea Launch
offers the most direct and cost-effective route to geostationary orbit for
commercial spacecraft. With the advantage of a launch site on the Equator, the
reliable Zenit-3SL rocket can lift a heavier spacecraft mass or provide longer
life on orbit, offering best value plus schedule assurance. For additional
information, please visit the Sea Launch website at http://www.sea-launch.com.

About Hughes Network Systems
Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HNS) is the world's leading provider of
broadband satellite network solutions for businesses and consumers, with more
than 850,000 systems ordered or shipped to customers in 85 countries. HNS
pioneered the development of high-speed satellite Internet access services and
IP-based networks, which it markets globally under the DIRECWAY(R) brand.
DIRECWAY terminals are based on the IPoS (IP over Satellite) global standard,
approved by the TIA, ETSI and ITU standards organizations.
Headquartered outside Washington, D.C., in Germantown, Maryland, USA, HNS
maintains sales and support offices worldwide. SkyTerra Communications, Inc.
(OTC Bulletin Board: SKYT) and The DIRECTV Group, Inc. (NYSE: DTV) each own
50% of HNS. SkyTerra is its managing member. For additional information,
please visit http://www.hns.com.

HUGHES, Hughes Network Systems, and SPACEWAY are trademarks of Hughes
Network Systems, LLC. DIRECWAY is a registered trademark of The DIRECTV Group,
Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. I guess lesson learned finally. Is this to be a pure Hughes bird up for lease, pure DirecTV bird, or combo?

Glad to see its Sea Launch. I too didnt want to see Ariane again.

Big question. 95 degrees? I have an AT9 dish. Is that going to mean a different dish since the current one only operates at 99,101,103,110 and 119? Or does it mean another LNB added?

Thus my question above, I have read many times that Spaceway 3 and 4 were never sold to DirecTV; that Hughes still contols them. But it still begs you exact question for when DirecTV 10 & 11 go up next year; are they just replacements for current slots?

Source 1 of many: http://www.answers.com/topic/spaceway

charper1 said:
Thus my question above, I have read many times that Spaceway 3 and 4 were never sold to DirecTV; that Hughes still contols them. But it still begs you exact question for when DirecTV 10 & 11 go up next year; are they just replacements for current slots?

That does sound like the big question. My installer informed me the AT9 was the dish for the forseable future but I think that all revolves around where the sats all get parked. Right now, I am not confident the current AT9 configuration is the end all dish for the next 5 years.

You did read about the DirecTV "SlimLine" headed out sometime this year? A low profile, lighter version of the 5 LNB. Looking at how the LNB "head" is designed and attached, I wondered if it can be upgraded to 6 or 7.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63540

Attachments

• slimline dish.JPG
    slimline dish.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 110
i guess i have a dumb question:

Is there anything else happening with spaceway 1, now that SW2 is getting the new locals put on it??

is SW1 full?

charper1 said:
You did read about the DirecTV "SlimLine" headed out sometime this year? A low profile, lighter version of the 5 LNB. Looking at how the LNB "head" is designed and attached, I wondered if it can be upgraded to 6 or 7.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63540

Yep saw that. I had a Channel Master Gainmaster so the AT9 is actually smaller and wasnt a big deal for me to get the slimline. I just hope if there is another LNB, the AT9 can handle it. Getting tired of replacing dishs.

loudo said:
i guess i have a dumb question:

Is there anything else happening with spaceway 1, now that SW2 is getting the new locals put on it??

is SW1 full?

I highly doubt it. It may be "allocated" but there are plenty of locals to come. I think Hartford/New Haven locals are coming from SW1. Not positive but I have 4 transponders lit up and thats what they used to align the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)